With 17 locations, LifeMoves (formerly InnVision Shelter Network) is the Bay Area's preeminent nonprofit in the fight against homelessness. If you are interested in making a huge impact at one of Northern California's most reputable nonprofits, this may be the opportunity for you!
Our growing team hails from the likes of Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, and Fortune 100 companies. We are committed to employee satisfaction and the on-going development of a work culture and environment that increases and maintains morale, productivity, engagement, and the attraction and retention of superior people.
The Senior Director of Individual Giving represents a key member of the senior staff, and will work with an existing portfolio of dedicated donors to meet fundraising goals. They will also have the support of our highly-seasoned team of board members and venture capitalists.
LifeMoves seeks a self-directed individual with a proven track record of stewarding long-term relationships and securing financial resources to serve as the Senior Director of Individual Giving. The SD is responsible for effective strategies and systems for raising $3,600,000+ from individual donors (overall private revenue goal is $6,400,000 for FY16). S/he is a highly collaborative member of the senior management team for Development who works within a team environment toward collective goals while fulfilling the primary role in the organization’s individual giving strategy. S/he manages a small team of gift officers and the Senior Manager of Volunteerism while carrying his/her own portfolio and meeting a specific personal revenue goal. The SD also works closely with the board to help them achieve their fundraising responsibilities.
* Develop and oversee comprehensive plans for individual donors at all levels including annual fund ($375,000 FY16 goal), leadership gifts ($500,000 FY16 goal), and major donors ($2,750,000 FY16 goal), leading a team of 2-3 to execute the individual giving plan.
* Partner with marketing to plan and design strategic cultivation and stewardship events and fundraising appeals
* Emphasize the identification and cultivation of major donor prospects ($5,000+), utilizing 1-on-1 visits, the board, the CEO and events to achieve ambitious targets. Serve as lead relationship manager for a personal portfolio of donors, developing and implementing strategies to move these prospects towards established goals, while choreographing moves, making assignments to other staff and volunteers as appropriate and ensuring timely follow-through.
* In collaboration with the VP of Development and Development Committee, recommend short and long term fund development plans to increase giving from individual donors.
* Work closely with Board Members, providing them with fundraising support and coaching for their identification, cultivation and solicitation of major gifts (Solicitor Model)
* Ensure all major donors receive appropriate, consistent engagement/acknowledgement and updates on the impact that their gifts have on community needs
* Stay informed and knowledgeable about Programmatic activities, maintaining the capacity to converse with donors regarding our work
* Provide strategic guidance to direct reports and to staff whose work is tangential to or directly engaged in fundraising
* With support from the development data team, measure, track and report progress against revenue targets and other established metrics (such as new donors, retained donors, cultivation moves, etc.).
* Provide staff support for the board development committee, as assigned.
* Compelling and inspirational communicator
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and build relationships with people from a wide diversity of backgrounds
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with excellent follow-through
* Values-driven individual with track record of achievement and proven ability to innovate and manage towards ambitious goals
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team effort
* Ability to imagine, research, develop and coherently propose new ways to engage prospective and current major donors
* Comfortable externally representing the organization
* Familiarity with AFP professional fundraising standards
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line and send resume and cover letter as attachments. We do not accept phone calls.