Project Officer, US Program
Deputy Director, US Program
Half-time, 8 months (August 2016-March 2017)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
In coordination with Oxfam colleagues, the Project Officer for the US Program supports grantmaking and partner support, desktop research for planning purposes, strategic planning, and MEL systems.
US Program Deputy Director, Director and program staff.
- Assists program staff in grantmaking and provides support to partners as appropriate. This includes reviewing grant applications for quality control, managing grants in CCGT and obtaining and reviewing partner reports.
- Conducts desktop scoping and issue research to support program planning.
- Supports strategic planning, including monitoring, evaluation and learning systems, for programs and campaigns in alignment with Oxfam America’s program approach.
- Gathers and analyzes monitoring and reporting data for evaluation and learning purposes.
- Produces key written reports of program activities and impact for internal and external purposes, as needed.
- Coordinates with US Program’s Senior Research Advisor on external program impact evaluations.
- Organizes team processes for planning, internal learning/evaluation and teambuilding for USRO staff.
- Maintains a library of US Program learning documents.
- Ensures that learning generated through evaluation systems is well integrated into ongoing as well as new program development.
- Supports the integration of gender issues into US Program plans with research and planning support.
- Manages smaller projects including event planning, retreat planning, materials production, off-site meetings, etc. as needed.
- Undertakes other projects as appropriate and as directed by the Deputy Director.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Has an understanding of gender equity and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender equity and diversity in our workplace and programs.
- Stays abreast of professional standards, trends, and issues affecting this set of responsibilities; demonstrates continuous learning of the field.
- Works effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work.
- Performs all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Commitment to Oxfam America’s mission and goals.
Exempt / Boston Union / Band F