Location: 31-00 47th Ave #1105, Long Island City, NY 11101
Applicants can apply here: http://www.c4q.nyc/c4q-job-application
Inquiries: Jukay Hsu, firstname.lastname@example.org
At C4Q, we believe that people from every community—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship.
We are transforming the tech industry by empowering underserved, low-income, and underrepresented communities with skills, networks, and opportunity through our innovative Access Code program. This intensive program in mobile app development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies that are looking to hire the next generation of talent. With support from leaders in business, philanthropy, and technology including Blackstone, the Robin Hood Foundation, and Google, we are pioneering new pathways from poverty to the middle class.
Reporting to the CEO, the Program Director, Access Code, will be responsible for the ongoing operations, strategic development, and future expansion of the Access Code program. S/he will lead the program in its mission to transform people, companies, and communities through technology. As part of the senior leadership team, the Program Director, Access Code, will be responsible for the operational success, program delivery, and evaluation of Access Code. Poised to double the Access Code program and team in the coming year, this position is an opportunity for a committed and talented individual to help scale not only an individual program, but also our non-profit organization as a whole as we enter this stage of pivotal growth.
A successful Managing Director, Access Code will achieve the following outcomes within the first year of employment:
- Successfully develop and refine systems, processes, and metrics that further strengthen C4Q’s ability to gauge student performance and achievement of learning outcomes.
- Hire, develop, and retain a passionate staff to advance programmatic goals via the delivery of best in class.
- Ensure that Access Code graduates successfully enter the technology workforce upon program completion.
- Establish and strengthen current and new relationships with institutions and individuals that propel Access Code to new heights. This includes, but is not limited to, new sources for candidate recruitment, philanthropic opportunities, and corporate employment relationships.
In order to achieve the preceding outcomes, this hire will:
Team and Talent
- Grow and manage a results-oriented program team, attracting, interviewing, and retaining high performance team members to facilitate a more than doubling in size from 15 to over 30 over the course of 2017
- Oversee all training and onboarding of staff members and volunteers
- Develop strategic goals for the program and alignment with individual goals for staff; conduct ongoing performance reviews and to ensure both professional and personal growth alongside programmatic success
- Work with staff to manage a growing volunteer team of over 200 instructors, teaching assistants, and other industry experts
- Empower staff to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control, and performance
- Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth
Program Design, Strategy, and Execution
- Oversee the short and long term development and refinement of Access Code programming and strategy, ensuring ongoing program excellence through the development of processes and procedures that align program operations with goals
- Create and manage data collection and evaluation systems to enable program efficacy and efficiency
- Devise, manage, and oversee Access Code program budget and expenses
External Relationship Management
- Serve as an external face for the organization within the community and to stakeholders, working in close partnership with tech companies, entrepreneurial leaders, and experts from the industry to establish meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships
- Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs
- At least 10 years of work experience, with four of those in a senior leadership role managing a large team
- Track record designing and successfully operationalizing high quality innovative programs
- Demonstrated success leveraging both qualitative and quantitative information to drive decision making and program evaluation and efficacy
- Proficient in using technology as a managing and reporting tool alongside experience developing and implementing program evaluation systems
- Significant experience managing high performing team with ability to provide clear direction and hold staff accountable for ambitious goals
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment characterized by growth, change, and iteration, and a strong comfort with ambiguity
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and strong commitment to C4Q’s mission, vision, and values
- Experience having recruited, managed, and developed a strong team of staff, program/project managers, and development professionals
- Unwavering commitment to excellence in program quality, organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong analytical skills; basic business intuition, strong problem solving skills, and thoughtfulness
- Previous experience in a technology company, or education nonprofit, helping scale the programs and systems preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.