Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Director, Educational Programs
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
The program associate is a member of the Programs & Services Department and offers both programmatic and administrative support to the department and its two teams - Educational Programs and Content. The program associate works in concert with all individuals in the department and in collaboration with other teams and departments within the organization: senior staff, members, vendors, and colleague organizations.
The program associate position is ideal for someone who wants the opportunity to receive a broad perspective on nonprofit organizations and the philanthropic sector, is eager to learn and work hard, and has the mental acumen to do so in an engaging and dynamic work environment.
- Create online registration forms; manage registration; support site and vendor relations; process payments and invoices to/from members, vendors, speakers, and consultants; and coordinate focus groups for educational programs as needed.
- Assist in drafting, editing, compiling, and distributing internal and external communications, resource materials, and evaluation reports for/from programs and initiatives.
- Update website with program information, tools and resources, and other new content.
- Produce status reports and update metrics on program registrations, product usage, and sales.
- Perform research in support of program, resource and service development and delivery.
- Field and route questions and requests from members and others regarding member services, and provide back-up support to the Exponent Philanthropy frontlines team in answering incoming calls.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for peer learning cohorts, distance learning events, and department meetings.
- Travel occasionally to educational programs to provide on-site logistical support.
- Take advantage of ongoing opportunities to learn about the culture, dynamics, operations and management of private and community foundations with few or no staff, philanthropic families, and individual donors.
- Undertake additional programmatic and administrative responsibilities as assigned.
- Capacity and motivation to develop an in-depth understanding of Exponent Philanthropy programs, resources and services.
- Excellent writing, verbal, analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide high-quality customer service.
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, and work well under deadline, with both short-turnaround and longer-term projects.
- Ability to work effectively and independently, as well as in a team.
- Willingness to accept and take on new challenges for professional growth.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and aptitude to develop a high level of proficiency with database, content management, webinar, video conferencing, and other technology used by Exponent Philanthropy. HTML experience desirable but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, preferably within an administrative and/or programmatic capacity at a nonprofit organization.
- Previous experience in philanthropy, philanthropy support and/or the nonprofit sector is desirable but not a requirement.
Salary & Benefits
Exponent Philanthropy offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package including sick leave, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and transit subsidies.
How To Apply
Interested parties should send a thoughtful cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Program Associate” in the e-mail subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Although we value initiative, we cannot field phone calls regarding the position.
Exponent Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.