New York, NY
About TCC Group
TCC Group is a mission-driven strategy consulting firm committed to helping diverse social actors strengthen and scale their work. We are committed to addressing complex social problems by heightening our clients’ understanding of their collaborative role in society. A Certified B Corporation founded in 1980, we partner with foundations, nonprofits, and corporate responsibility programs of all shapes and sizes. We provide an array of services that span strategic planning and program development, foundation and grants management, landscape research and organizational assessment, evaluation and organizational learning, and capacity building.
TCC Group’s staff of 30 professionals are incisive strategists, critical thinkers, and facilitative leaders.
We typically work in teams of consultants that are assembled to reflect our client’s consulting needs and our staff’s areas of expertise. Our consultants bring years of practical experience and leadership with foundations and nonprofit organizations; most typically have at least a Master’s degree as well. We work with organizations of various lifecycle stages, across a broad range of issues, including youth and education, civic capacity, policy and advocacy, environment, health and human services, arts and culture, immigration reform, criminal justice, gender, and human rights. As strategy consultants, our fundamental role is to guide clients in doing more impactful work by helping them make informed decisions and manage their work effectively and efficiently in order to support lasting change. Our work typically engages our foundation clients as active participants and collaborators.
TCC is currently seeking an exceptional and versatile full-time Associate Consultant to provide Nonprofit strategy and capacity-building services in our New York City office.
Participating in client engagements under the supervision of the project lead. Duties include:
Project and Team Management:
- “Owning” the project management so that all team members can be accountable for timeliness of work production, and can be aware of what’s coming down the path at every stage of a project;
- Providing day-to-day project management support, including assisting with coordination of work of project teams across multiple business lines.
- Continually monitoring and updating workplans and revenue projections for projects.
- Developing and formatting presentations using PowerPoint, Prezi, Lucid Chart
- Serving as back-up to the work of Consultants as required.
- Preparing agendas for both client and team meetings
- Facilitating team meetings
Data Collection and Research:
- Conducting and documenting interviews, and analyzing and summarizing groups of interview notes.
- Assisting in the design of quantitative and qualitative evaluation tools.
- Collecting and analyzing survey data, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Conducting research to identify and review organizations; compiling background information from published and on-line sources, surveys, and interviews; and drafting results of research into benchmarking reports.
- Constructing logic models based on data collection and translating priority goals into an an actionable implementation plan for clients.
- Participating in meetings by assisting with facilitation, taking notes (on flip charts and/or on paper) and writing summaries of these notes.
- Assisting with preparation of client reports and correspondence by compiling information, developing content, formatting, proofreading, and copy-editing.
- Reviewing and summarizing funding proposals, interim and final grant reports on behalf of corporate and foundation clients
- General client relations, including telephone and email communication, and in-person meetings.
Participating in business line and firm marketing efforts. Duties include:
- Assisting in proposal-writing and sales calls with prospective clients.
- General reading on issues and events in the practice areas.
- Helping to develop and execute discrete projects that advance business line and firm internal development (such as R&D, professional development, and information sharing).
- Managing business line prospective clients/leads in Deltek Database.
- Undergraduate degree essential, graduate degree (MPA, MBA) preferred
- A minimum of three years of professional post-baccalaureate work experience (more without a graduate degree) necessary.
- Familiarity with nonprofit and/or philanthropic sectors through work experience or graduate school.
- Some knowledge of one or more area(s) of public policy and program (e.g., health care, children and youth, community development, economic development, the environment, the arts) and TCC’s service areas (e.g. strategic planning, capacity building, evaluation, grants management).
Skills and Attributes
- Interest in, and capable of, handling a diverse array of assignments (both in terms of substance area and type of work).
- Strong research skills and ability to synthesize a wide range of data promptly.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take direction from multiple project managers.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using Microsoft Professional Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Internet search engines and database. SPSS a plus.
Commensurate with experience; competitive benefits package.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter with a writing sample (no more than 5 pages – can be excerpted) for the “Nonprofit Strategy and Capacity Building Associate Consultant” position at https://jobs-tccgrp.icims.com/.
No telephone calls, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best¬ qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.