About TCC Group
TCC Group, a strategy consulting firm, works with a broad range of foundations, nonprofit organizations, and corporate citizenship programs, helping our clients address fundamental questions about their mission, vision, impact, capacity, and how they can best use their resources to address increasingly complex social problems. Our services include strategy development; foundation, grants, and program management; capacity building; and organizational assessment. Through our client-centered approach, we work to make sustainable change and make the world a better place. We do this work because we are committed to the value of the social sector and its role in solving complex social problems. We are not in the business of short-term solutions, but seek to help organizations deliver more impact, in a more lasting manner. Our opportunity to have an impact rests in our ability to support, build, and work in partnership with our clients.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity makes us stronger. To do our jobs well, and generally be good actors in a diverse social sector, we believe that it is imperative that we embrace diversity in many different forms—including racial and ethnic diversity, gender, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic background. We strive to understand and appreciate the different experiences and perspectives others bring to the table, and value the importance of diversity in strengthening our work and the field.
About the Position
TCC Group is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to serve on TCC Group’s Nonprofit Strategy and Capacity Building team. The position will be based in TCC Group’s New York City office. The desired candidate will support the team through a wide array of administrative tasks, including: scheduling; calendar management; travel arrangement; and supporting on client project in an administrative capacity. We are seeking highly motivated, high-performing, and congenial colleague who is able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment. Success in this position will require resourcefulness, versatility, and an ability to juggle multiple different tasks at a time. The successful candidate must also share a commitment to TCC Group’s mission: “to address complex social problems by heightening our clients’ understanding of their collaborative role in society and helping them strengthen strategy, build capacity, and advance assessment and evaluative learning” to make the world a better place.
The Administrative Assistant’s duties entail providing all-around administrative support to the nonprofit practice team to facilitate efficient and timely work. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting financial oversight processes through entering new client projects into databases, tracking and entering revenues and expenses, and processing contracts
- Coordinating project activities through scheduling interviews; interpretations; and meetings for team members
- Furthering organizational learning through taking team meeting notes, organizing and distributing resources, managing organizational processes and systems, and preparing materials for presentation
- Helping design and proof PowerPoint decks, Prezi presentations, and research reports
- Formatting, proofing, and copy editing written reports and other client deliverables
- Supporting sales, including scheduling meetings, conducting preliminary research on new prospects, helping track prospect pipeline and key deadlines, compiling and editing relevant work and team bios, and proofing, editing, and formatting proposals
- Supporting the work of practice staff through booking travel, managing professional calendars, performing expense entry and time entry, and assisting with correspondence
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Suggested minimum of two years administrative experience
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated facility with multiple data and presentation systems (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Prezi) and facility with quickly mastering and utilizing new systems for project management, revenue tracking, and other purposes
- Demonstrated research and analysis abilities
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector strongly preferred
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Quick learner with strong ability to manage and/or improve operational systems
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize work accordingly
- Ability to take direction from multiple staff members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Professional Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong research skills (internet searches, database experience, and writing and analytical skills)
- Ability and interest in mastering other online tools like ScheduleOnce, ZenDesk, Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey, and others
- Strong word processing and proofreading skills
- Experience using online survey platforms
- Congenial and collaborative team player with a sense of humor and humility
- Respectful and able to work well with diverse colleagues and clients
- Resourceful, versatile, proactive problem-solver
- Sense of humor a plus
How to apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the careers tab of website at www.tccgrp.com .
No telephone calls, please.
TCC Group is an equal opportunity employer. Each position at the firm is filled by the best¬ qualified applicant available. The firm does not discriminate against employees or applicants on any legally protected basis, including, but not limited to, race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, veteran's status, age, or disability which does not interfere with an individual's ability to perform the essential functions of his or her job position with or without reasonable accommodation. The firm will provide equal opportunities in hiring, promotions, wages, benefits and other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. It is our policy to encourage promotion from among present employees, subject to the application of the best-qualified employee.