Thank you for your interest in joining the EPIP NY Steering Committee! EPIP is a membership-based organization where people of all identities can live full and prosperous lives, supported by a diverse, equitable, inclusive and effective philanthropic sector.
WHO WE ARE
Our members include:
- Early-career professionals looking to develop their skills, to contribute their talents and insights through their work, and to lead change in their organizations and the sector;
- Mid-career professionals newer to philanthropy seeking to deepen their understanding of the field and how to bring an equity lens to their work and the sector;
- Mid-career professionals with philanthropic experience looking to take their leadership to the next level and committed to our vision and values;
- Senior professionals and institutions excited by our vision for the sector, who want to bring their wisdom, experience and standing as champions to influence changes across the sector.
Supported by EPIP’s National Office, EPIP NY is one of 12 chapters across the country in which emerging leaders self-organize to provide each other with opportunities for professional growth and skills-building. We host programs and events, liaise with special interest groups, and create networking and partnership opportunities for our 400+ members in the NY philanthropic space.
WHAT WE WANT
Our work is made possible by outstanding volunteers who dedicate their time, resources, and ideas to the steering committee. These individuals share our vision of achieving social justice and equity through community and leadership. They are passionate about bringing their whole selves to their work and about empowering each other to have impact – despite what your work title might say. They each bring a set of skills to the table and embrace the challenge of growing as effective leaders.
STEP UP & JOIN US
Feel inspired? Ready to jump on board and help us in steering the NY chapter? Then check the requirements below and apply now!
Eligibility & Qualifications:
In order to apply to join the EPIP NY chapter steering committee, you must:
- Be a current dues-paying EPIP member based in NY (Join today!);
- Have at least two years of cumulative experience in the philanthropic space;
- Be able to commit 3-4 hours per week to steering committee activities and events;
- Be able to participate at our monthly steering committee meeting (1st Wednesday).
There are a few extra things that we encourage you to bring. You should:
- Demonstrate firm commitment to EPIP’s values, mission and vision;
- Enjoy working with volunteers;
- Contribute a unique skill-set to enrich the chapter;
- Have some experience in project and/or event management;
- Be able to develop and manage a diverse team;
- Be committed to empowering each other in an inclusive, collaborative environment.
Submit your application form and supporting documents with “Steering Committee Application” in the subject line to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is August 10, 2018 (11:59pm EST). Please submit the following materials in electronic form (PDF format preferred):
- Application Form (attached)
- Resume / CV
We will review all completed applications on a rolling basis. All qualified candidates will be invited to an in person interview with a current steering committee member.
NOTE: Steering committee members are elected for two years, with the opportunity to extend their tenure to a total of four years. Chapter co-chairs are elected for a minimum of two years.
We look forward to reading your application!
- EPIP NY Steering Committee:
Allyson, Carolina, Alexandria, Bianca, Abby, Shawn, Kathryn, Dan, and Manuela