Department: Philanthropy Group
Reports To: Senior Director of Philanthropy
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt FTE: 1
The Leadership Giving Assistant will support strategic fundraising efforts to grow major gifts; legacy bequests; and annual operating revenue through the Civic Leadership Fund.
- Maintain prospect, donor and fund records in Salesforce database; ensure timely entry of activities;
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to uphold data integrity protocols to ensure accurate reporting and inform departmental activities;
- Run reports from Salesforce database, and review and analyze data related to donor and prospect activities, gifts, and grants;
- Support opportunity tracking in Salesforce database in collaboration with Development and Donor Services team colleagues, with a particular focus on the Civic Leadership Fund, major gifts, and legacy bequests;
- Pull email and physical mailing contact lists from Salesforce database for annual appeal mailings, donor communications and cultivation correspondence;
- Conduct research and create research briefings on prospects and donors;
- Field inquiries from prospects/donors via telephone, email, and mail;
- Assist with calendars, schedules, and appointment management;
- Prepare development packets and other materials, and draft general correspondence and other written communications as needed;
- Process and submit expense reports and department invoices as needed;
- Provide support to Senior Director of Philanthropy, including assistance on calendars, providing support in advance, during and after meetings, handling travel arrangements and providing other day-to-day assistance as needed;
- Provide general administrative support to other department team members as requested;
- Provide technical and logistical support for donor events including, but not limited to, managing timelines, activities, deadlines, tracking and coordination of guest lists, invitation mailings and follow up correspondence, and completing research briefings; and
- Assist with occasional events in the mornings (prior to 9:00am) and evenings (after 5:00pm).
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Individuals assigned to this position may perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- College degree or equivalent, and
- At least 3 years of work experience, with familiarity in fundraising, data integrity and analysis preferred.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong customer service orientation;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products - especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point; database experience (Salesforce) strongly preferred;
- Excellent data management and reporting skills;
- Professional and mature interpersonal work style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people;
- Ability to adjust work activity to various management styles;
- Ability to make decisions regarding organizing own workload and managing multiple tasks;
- Must be independent, proactive and able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines;
- Participatory work style; team player and sense of humor; ability to give and receive feedback;
- Strong goal orientation with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities; and
- Willingness and ability to handle confidential information.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit for long periods of time;
- Ability to use a keyboard for extended periods of time; and
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds, occasionally.
How to Apply:
All applications should be submitted online.
Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select Leadership Giving Assistant to complete our online application process.
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.