The North County Hub Animator is the key staff person for managing the day to day functions of the event and co‐working space located in Barn 2. With the support of the Senior Hub Manager, the Hub Animator will be responsible for cultivating a vibrant and creative workspace that can accommodate conferences/meetings/events, private office space and an open co‐working atmosphere. The Hub Animator, along with the events and Hub team, choreographs the social and physical environment of the North County Hub.
About the Leichtag Foundation
The Leichtag Foundation (“Foundation”) is a private independent foundation located in Encinitas, California, with a strong interest in advancing the North County coastal region of San Diego where our founders Lee and Toni Leichtag, of blessed memory, lived and worked. The Leichtag Foundation also supports programs in Jerusalem, Israel. The Foundation currently holds approximately $134 million in assets and has granted about $90 million since its inception in 1991—more than half of this since becoming independent in 2008. The Foundation focuses its philanthropy on combating poverty and increasing self‐sufficiency for residents of coastal North County; supporting and inspiring vibrant Jewish life in coastal North County; stimulating renewal, service, and social activism in Jerusalem, Israel; and building strong connections and relationships between San Diego and Israel.
In 2012, the Leichtag Foundation purchased the former Paul Ecke Ranch in Encinitas, California. The Foundation’s goal for this 67.5‐acre agricultural property, known as Leichtag Commons, is to create a physical platform for the advancement of the strategies listed above and a cultural and community resource for the San Diego region. With breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, a network of greenhouses, barns and other structures, and easy access to the public, the Ranch is situated in an ideal North County location.
About the North County Hub
The North County Hub is a creative and collaborative co‐working space with a community of social entrepreneurs. Hub members work together to create social, cultural and agricultural programs in North County and throughout San Diego. Members are offered professional development opportunities to foster innovation, leadership, and encourage collaboration. Hub members “pay forward” the value of their membership by volunteering on our community educational farm, offering their skills to improve the physical Hub space, and holding “office hours” to share unique skills sets with other Hub members.
The Hub Animator will be responsible for the following:
- Providing superior hospitality to guests of the North County Hub by creating a welcoming environment and setting a positive first impression. This includes but is not limited to always making an initial introduction, asking if any assistance is needed, and offering the guest a place to sit that accommodates their needs.
- Maintaining physical space of the Hub by keeping supplies stocked and organized (kitchen, common areas, meeting rooms, brochure display, copy room)
- Troubleshooting equipment breakdowns and working with service providers to find quick solutions
- Supporting the Senior Hub Manager with the onboarding process of “Core” and “Hot Desk” members. This includes but is not limited to recruitment of Hub members, drafting and finalizing
- Hub agreements, collecting pictures for the member wall, updating the Hub member directory, sending out regular introduction emails to the Leichtag Commons community when there are new Hub members, etc.
- Providing tours of the Hub to any potential Hub members or visitors, as needed
- Coordinating with the Facilities Maintenance Coordinator on any supply, janitorial, and/or building maintenance needs
- On occasion, being available on evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Providing excellent service to Hub members and be responsive to any requests and/or issues that arise
- Helping to communicate issues, concerns, and feedback between Hub members and staff
- Assisting with room reservations and updates to the calendar of Hub events
- Supporting Hub members in the design and implementation of collaborative programming that will take place in Leichtag Commons
- Supporting the Events Manager with the implementation of events including event set up, clean up, greeting guests, and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Supporting the North County Hub, Leichtag Foundation and Coastal Roots Farm Team with the implementation of large Jewish agricultural festivals.
- Performing other projects and conducting other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Experience
- Possess strong customer service skills
- Works well under pressure and in a fast‐paced environment
- Flexible and willing to work simultaneously on a wide range of projects with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience working both as part of a team and individually to achieve project goals
- Cooperative, service‐oriented attitude
- Exceptional listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
- Strong organizational skills, neat presentation is a must
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to work in a relational environment and team context
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with a wide variety of people
- Possess strong problem solving skills and have a successful track record
- Ability to work in open space environment
- Knowledge of North County Jewish life landscape and North County nonprofit landscape, preferred
Reports directly to the Senior Hub Manager.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Leichtag Foundation offers a competitive benefits package.
Typical Working Conditions
The Hub Animator will work primarily inside an office, and outdoors on occasion. There will be exposure to Southern California outside temperatures, chemicals (herbicides and fertilizer), and loud noises.
Essential Physical Tasks
Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying.
The Leichtag Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.