Southerners On New Ground seeks an experiences and energetic Fundraising Associate. The Fundraising Associate will work with the Fundraising Coordinator and other SONG staff to implement the fundraising work of the organization. The Fundraising Associate will provide key administrative and coordination support to SONG’s grassroots and foundation fundraising work and execute project-based grassroots fundraising efforts in order to help expand and strengthen SONG’s grassroots fundraising work.
SONG is a home for LGBTQ liberation across all lines of race, class, abilities, age, culture, gender, and sexuality in the South. We build, sustain, and connect a southern regional base of LGBTQ people in order to transform the region through strategic projects and campaigns developed in response to the current conditions in our communities. SONG works to lift barriers and break the isolation that prevents people from participating fully in economic, social, and political life and create an organizational home for LGBTQ Southern organizing and LGBTQ Southern people.
This is a part time (24 hours/week) contract position based in Atlanta, GA with occasional travel. The position will extend from the start date (flexible, August 1, 2016 preferred) to Jan. 31, 2017.
- Database improvement, maintenance, and general wizardry in donor tracking and data management
- Donor engagement and acknowledgement
- Documentation work at key SONG fundraising and membership events
- Strong, authentic relationship-building with SONG members, supporters, staff, and other stakeholders
- Support to SONG’s membership and leadership convenings
- Design and execute creative communications projects that help to increase understanding of SONG’s work among donors, members, and potential supporters
- Support to creation and implementation of internal fundraising systems and protocols
- Support member-driven fundraising work and projects
- Support to communications and membership staff teams as needed
- Editing and proofing grant proposals
- Grants management and reporting support
- Helping to prepare reports and updates for board and staff meetings
- Organizing and coordinating fundraising events locally and in other sites across the region
- Fielding requests and inquiries from donors, funders, potential donors and potential partners
- Draft correspondence including acknowledgements and thank you letters, sponsorship requests, invitations, and other materials
- Support and execute SONG ‘swag’ and merch creation
- Coordinate online store and order fulfilment
- Coordinating and executing small-scale and large-scale mailings
- Other duties as necessary
Ideal candidate has the following:
- 1-3 years of experience in full time grassroots community organizing, progressive communications, and/or fundraising and development
- A clear vision of and commitment to the possibilities of grassroots base-building and fundraising for movement-building organizations
- Documentation skills—photo, video, video editing
- Strong, demonstrated commitment to LGBTQ liberation, racial justice, economic justice, and reproductive justice
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and rigor in all aspects of the work
- Commitment to strict confidentiality in all matters of internal organizational or personal individual information
- Strong sense of humor and willingness to be flexible in the face of changing conditions, emerging developments, and urgent situations
- Intimate understanding of the struggles of the LGBTQ community
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Experience in CiviCRM is a plus
- Desire to do long-term movement work in the LGBTQ, reproductive justice, racial justice, or economic justice fields or other social movement fields
- A willingness to be transformed in the service of movement work
Southerners On New Ground is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, immigrants, women, trans and gender non-conforming people, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. No relocation funds are available.
How to Apply:
Please send your complete applications to Fundraising Coordinator, Elias Lyles at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of interest;
- Your one-page resume;
- A minimum of three references; and
- A brief writing, video, or photo sample of previous work
Please use “Grassroots Fundraising Associate” as the subject of your email. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Hiring Timeline: We will review applications and conduct interviews in May and June of 2016. We hope to have the position filled by July 2016. Preferred start date is August 1, 2016 but this is flexible.