EPIP DC has launched a series of group discussions around social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion issues as it pertains to both work and our everyday lives. Discussions cover a wide variety of topics, books, articles, and current events. These events are meant to be open space for authentic dialogue and discovery, while providing you with the opportunity to engage with your colleagues in a different way.
Our March Discussion Circle will look at two topics...Firstly, women in the workplace and how gender dynamics affect every aspect of our day-to-day lives at work. Secondly, we will discuss intersectional feminism - what is it? Why does is matter? And how does it show up when we speak about creating inclusive environments?
Please review the following articles and video clips as they will help inform our discussion.
- Harnessing the Power of Women in Philanthropy
- Women In Power, Or Not So Much: Gender in the Non-profit Sector
- From Upspeak to Vocal Fry: Are We 'Policing' Young Women's Voices?
- Ted Talk: We Should All Be Feminists - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Why Our Feminism Must Be Intersectional
EPIP members, if you would like to lead a Discussion Circle or have an idea for a future topic, please mail email@example.com and put "Discussion Circle" in the subject line.
901 G St NW
Washington, D.C. 20001
Google map and directions