NETWORK, the national Catholic social justice lobby behind “Nuns on the Bus” is seeking a Development Coordinator. We are looking for a strategic and creative thinker who will communicate NETWORK’s message, goals, and impact to invite and nourish financial participation in our mission. Working with the Development & Membership Manager, the Coordinator will contribute to the creation and execution of a development plan and to expanding and diversifying the organization's funder base.
The Development Coordinator will strengthen and deepen the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising. The Coordinator contributes to the team’s balance in focus between relationship building and analytics, and between membership growth and stewardship. The Development Coordinator is passionate about growing, nourishing, and connecting our Spirit- filled network of justice seekers.
A Catholic leader in the movement for justice and peace, NETWORK educates, organizes and lobbies for economic and social transformation. Founded in 1971 by Catholic sisters in the progressive spirit of Vatican II, NETWORK works to create a society that promotes justice and the dignity of all in the shared abundance of God’s creation. Inspired by our founders and the leadership of the women who followed, we faithfully embody Gospel justice as we ignite hope in the world. We are rooted in the Catholic social justice tradition and open to all who share our passion. Our staff is made up of a variety of faith perspectives. Read more.
- Contribute annual gifts strategy to a comprehensive development plan that ensures membership growth and retention
- Coordinate, test, evaluate, and grow a robust direct mail program (membership renewals, special appeals, and prospecting/acquisitions)
- Oversee online giving program, including monthly sustainers, and implement online giving campaigns throughout the year
- Ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship with acknowledgments, member communications, and emerging giving circles
- Draft content for appeal and acknowledgment letters, emails, and donation pages, and coordinate messaging with the Development and Communications teams
- Assist the Manager with organizing introductory and fundraising events, and with grant proposal writing and reporting
- Maintain continued presence in the Combined Federal Campaign
- Work with consultant to ensure annual compliance with state solicitation regulations
- Participate in organizational activities (planning, evaluation, development)
- 3-5 years of progressive professional experience, preferred working with development in a nonprofit or advocacy setting; entry-level applicants will not be considered
- Experience with direct mail, online giving, and/or marketing/sales
- Exposure to relationship-based development, principles and techniques of fundraising and/or database analytics; fluency preferred
- Experience in a detail-oriented position that required a high-level of organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, work independently and on a team, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with Catholic Social Justice, faith-based organizations, or working with disadvantaged populations a plus
- Demonstrated competencies in persuasive writing, evaluation, initiative, collaboration, and customer service
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Development & Membership Manager. Starting salary in the mid-40s. Generous benefits package available.
How to apply
Send a résumé and cover letter – as attachments – outlining your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Coordinator” in the subject line and let us know in your email where you saw our announcement. You are welcome to include examples of – or links to – relevant past work.
First set of interviews will be taken from applications received by November 1, 2015, and applications submitted after November 25, 2015 may not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.