Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters and citizens to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring the best and brightest who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with ten offices across the U.S.
The Development Assistant works under the supervision of the Director of Major Gifts and the Director of Foundations. This position requires a self‐starter who is able to work both collaboratively and independently and possesses strong interpersonal skills. The position requires excellent writing and analytical skills, diplomacy and discretion, and the ability to adapt and think creatively. The Development Assistant must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and be highly detail‐oriented.
This position performs a variety of administrative tasks, including writing and copy-editing assignments, donor communications, and a variety of database tasks including constituent and communications updates, portfolio coordination, queries and other database tasks as assigned. It requires frequent interaction with staff members within the organization and with donors.
Time will be divided 50% / 50% between Major Gifts (MG) and Foundations (FN)
- Assist with donor acknowledgment letters, proposals, and other mailings.
- Enter and update donor records in database with new donor information and interactions.
- Contribute to the review process of fundraising and marketing materials, including proofreading and editing.
- Work with Donor Relations, MG and FN to manage Annual Reports lists and update donor records.
- Coordinate list review and ensure quality of a number of regular lists for mailing and donor recognition purposes.
- Provide data entry assistance for MG & FN mailing and other data hygiene projects, in coordination with MG Coordinator and/or FN Officers.
- Provide management support to MG & FN moves management processes including adding portfolio and budget information, insuring that gift officer moves are recorded and that data is accurate.
- Monitor the Earthjustice website, Twitter Account, and Facebook and inform Major Gift and Foundation Officers of new/groundbreaking information we may want to share with our donors in real-time.
- Track Communication Team’s stats on things such as media hits that will help fundraisers build a case for support.
- Keep Board Giving documents updated monthly.
- Monitor the Communication Team’s calendar and inform the MG and FN teams of any upcoming media efforts that we may want to share with our donors.
- Help foster communication between MG and FN so that each team is apprised of what the other is working on in case there are potentials for synergies. Create and update charts and spreadsheets as needed.
- Provide overflow administrative support to MG and FN Officers and Directors, including travel, meetings, and other forms of support, as needed.
- Participate in department and organizational work teams and projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two years of relevant experience, or Associate’s degree plus a minimum of five years of relevant experience required.
- Two years’ experience in Development or an executive setting preferred.
- Exemplary organizational skills, including ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and prioritize assignments.
- Superior communication skills, including demonstrated experience writing effective correspondence.
- Meticulous attention to detail including excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills.
- Professional, positive, and approachable attitude. Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people, including donors, volunteers, the public, and staff.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and online research. Experience with databases and an ability to learn database management skills to produce reports and to use advanced functions.
- Working knowledge of a constituent relationship management (CRM) system or donor database such as the Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud eCRM is highly preferred.
- Ability to use discretion and diplomacy in dealing with donors and colleagues.
- Background and/or interest in environmental issues preferred.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter.
Click here to apply online: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/earthjustice/job/oJrs2fwo/apply
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you’re having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.