Row New York (www.rownewyork.org) is a unique non-profit organization which transforms the lives of New Yorkers, regardless of ability or background, through the discipline of rowing combined with comprehensive academic support. Our student-athlete population reflects enormous ethnic and racial diversity, as well as the mutually beneficial integration of teens from varying socioeconomic backgrounds. Our free and low-cost programs serve over 2,000 young people annually, empowering them to build strength, gain confidence, and pursue excellence through intensive rowing and academic programming. We also offer para-rowing for youth and adults with disabilities, summer camps, fitness classes, adult rowing instruction from introductory to competitive levels, and corporate team-building workshops.
Currently, we row out of three boathouses: the Peter Jay Sharp Boathouse on the Harlem River in upper Manhattan, the World’s Fair Boathouse on Meadow Lake in Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, and Paerdegat Basin in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn. Our main office is located in Midtown Manhattan. Please note: This position will be based in our Midtown office.
The Database, Metrics & Evaluations Manager will provide strategic, administrative and service-related data, project coordination, and analytical support to all teams within the organization with a core focus on Salesforce management. The primary emphasis of this position is to learn and anticipate the organization’s needs, deliver high quality data services to core team members, and provide best practices on managing data end-to-end, especially in the areas of donor acquisition/retention and program metrics.
- Act as a key coordinator of Salesforce and data analytic requests for new and existing projects.
- Maintain and track Salesforce and data related project progress from multiple teams, especially the Development and Program teams.
- Meet regularly with team leaders and staff to address ongoing organizational reporting needs.
- Work with managers and staff to develop solutions for programs, fundraising initiatives, operations, and other projects that require a Salesforce component.
- Work with users to develop requirements for various initiatives, document those requirements, and build an implementation plan.
- Prepare data files and upload the data into Salesforce using third party tools such as Demand Tools.
- Identify system issues and propose solutions for remediating.
- Create and maintain internal technical documentation.
- Manage security, users, roles, profiles, groups, queues, and other setup options.
- Regularly perform database de-duping and cleanup procedures.
- Respond to project requests in a timely manner.
- Develop guidelines and educate users on utilization of the Salesforce CRM.
- Prepare and train existing employees and new hires.
- Provide guidance on report design and program structure in the system.
- Create reports in Salesforce to meet operational requirements.
- Bachelor's degree
- 1-2 years of experience working with Salesforce, preferably on the System Admin end
- Commitment to the mission of Row New York and the spirit of sports based youth development
- Must have data analysis experience and be comfortable with data validation, processing, and maintenance tasks
- Experience aligning business applications with complex business process requirements
- Excellent customer service skills with strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively on a high-performance team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work on tight deadlines
- Experience with Demand Tools a plus
- Professional experience in a sandbox test environment, including development/staging/production (or similar) deployment cycles a plus
- A sense of humor, tolerance for change, and a demonstrated ability to create a positive culture and sense of empowerment for staff
- A passion for training staff and spreading enthusiasm for Salesforce
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Row New York is committed to creating a culture that is supportive of learning, growth, and staff development. Our investment in staff includes a competitive salary commensurate with experience, 401(k) plan, health, dental, life insurance, and generous paid time off and holidays.
Submit cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com with “Salesforce Metrics and Evaluations" in subject line. Only applicants asked to interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Row New York is firmly committed to affirmative action and strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBTQ, veteran, elderly and differently-abled candidates to apply. No rowing experience is necessary. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that our capacity allows us to only respond to those best qualified for the position.