Join a global community of leaders and activists who believe there are business opportunities in solving societal challenges— creating what we call shared value for society and the business alike.
Operated by FSG—a global non-profit consulting firm that helps create social change— The Shared Value Initiative shapes this emerging field though peer-to-peer exchange with Fortune 1000 companies, market intelligence, strategy & implementation support, and shared value advocacy. (Learn more at sharedvalue.org.)
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial communications professional who can help us take the Initiative to the next level. Reporting to the executive director, the Communications Manager serves as a key contributor to the Initiative’s overall vision. She or he will lead the Initiative’s strategic communications thinking, helping to build our brand, develop our online community, and engage global audiences with our core message. In addition to being a strategist, the manager will develop and execute a multitude of innovative internal and external communications projects in our fast-paced, mission-driven and results-oriented environment.
- Create and execute a sophisticated communications strategy that supports the evolving goals of the Initiative and promotes the efforts of our partners through:
oStrategic and results-orientated digital and traditional campaigns including
oPartner outreach and public relations
oPlatform development of sharedvalue.org and community engagement /
oEvent marketing and promotion, in particular for our annual summit which original content development for a variety of channels management strategy includes Fortune 1000 CEOs
- Manage, mentor, and collaborate with the Initiative’s Community Coordinator who manages sharedvalue.org, the Initiative’s social media channels, and the online community of over 6,000 global shared value practitioners
- Build relationships and act as a thought partner/collaborator with FSG’s Communications Team
- 7+ years of communications or marketing experience required; social sector experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization preferred
- Demonstrated experience executing comprehensive marketing campaigns with multiple stakeholders, partners, and target audiences; this includes digital marketing, content marketing, PR, website copy and content development, event marketing, social media, and partner outreach
- Experience managing digital campaigns and tools; proven understanding of marketing analytics and experience with social advocacy campaigns that drive membership and community engagement
- Website development and management experience desired
- Ability to be self-directed and proactively engage senior leadership on strategic issues, while spending significant time on hands-on project implementation
- Experience leading projects and managing team members
- Excellent personal communication presentation/writing/editing skills
- Bachelor's degree required; undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field preferred
This is a full-time position based in FSG’s Boston or San Francisco office. Salary is competitive for position and sector; it also includes a generous benefits package. As part of those benefits, FSG offers 100% paid health insurance for its full-time employees as well as disability and life insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this Visa will eventually require sponsorship. Work permit sponsorship is only available to EFTA nationals and most EU nationals for our Geneva office
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter via the FSG careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm supporting leaders in creating large-scale, lasting social change. Through strategy, evaluation, and research we help many types of actors – individually and collectively – make progress against the world’s toughest problems.
Our teams work across all sectors by partnering with leading foundations, businesses, nonprofits, and governments in every region of the globe. We seek to reimagine social change by identifying ways to maximize the impact of existing resources, amplifying the work of others to help advance knowledge and practice, and inspiring change agents around the world to achieve greater impact.
As part of our nonprofit mission, FSG also directly supports learning communities, such as the Collective Impact Forum and the Shared Value Initiative, to provide the tools and relationships that change agents need to be successful.