Call for EPIP CHICAGO
Steering Committee Members
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE FACE OF PHILANTHROPY IN CHICAGO?
EPIP Members are invited to join EPIP Chicago’s Steering Committee
The Chicago chapter of Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP) is seeking Chicago-area foundation professionals and social justice leaders to join the EPIP Chicago Steering committee to begin serving in January 2016.
The steering committee provides oversight of the policies and educational programming for the local Chicago affiliate of EPIP National. Steering committee leadership is a great opportunity to build your governance skills; develop visibility and knowledge in the field; and make intellectual and organizational contributions to the EPIP network. The EPIP Chicago Steering Committee is an active set of volunteers that takes its oversight role seriously but does not hold legal or fiduciary responsibility.
EPIP is committed to engaging diverse people and perspectives in leadership positions at every level. We encourage nominations from people of color and other groups under-represented or under-supported in the philanthropic community.
In recruiting for the Steering Committee, we particularly seek out the following types of individuals:
- Representatives from foundations and types of foundations not currently represented (or under-represented) on the steering committee
- People of color, men, LGBTQ individuals, and those from the disabilities community
- Individuals interested and willing to serve in the roles of secretary, communications management, social media, or membership services on the committee
- Members of the philanthropic community who seek a meaningful volunteer experience through active involvement on a working steering committee
- Dues-paying EPIP member
- Commitment to EPIP’s mission of developing emerging leaders committed to building a just, equitable, and sustainable society.
- Active participant in the EPIP Chicago network
- Leadership knowledge and skills in the areas of event planning, membership services, leveraging financial resources and program development
- Contributing to the creation of an annual work plan that provides quality networking and programming opportunities to EPIP members in Chicago
- Promoting EPIP events and EPIP membership to colleagues and peers
- Serving as a liaison from the EPIP Chicago network to other philanthropic initiatives and events happening in our state
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com