The Masorti Foundation advances the Conservative Jewish Movement in Israel – known there as the Masorti Movement – through education, advocacy and fundraising support. The Masorti Movement has 80 congregations and communities throughout Israel which welcome all, regardless of age, gender identity or sexual orientation. It is a leading force within Israel promoting religious pluralism, inclusivity, egalitarianism and democracy. The Masorti Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization, with headquarters in New York City. Learn more at http://masorti.org
The Masorti Foundation for Conservative Judaism in Israel is conducting a search for an Assistant Director of Development. This new position will report to the Executive Director. Working closely with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and other staff and consultants, the Assistant Director of Development will have the primary mandate of increasing funds to support, and engage American Jews in, the Foundation’s work.
The ideal candidate will have fundraising experience in the Jewish communities of New York and New Jersey, as well as nationally, and will be knowledgeable about the Conservative Jewish Movement in America. This individual also will be committed to issues of Jewish religious pluralism, egalitarianism and inclusivity in Israel.
- Create and execute an annual development plan to meet budgetary requirements for Israel support and American operation
- Develop move management strategies to increase the number and size of major gifts, including preparing the Executive Director and Board members for direct solicitations, following up to secure gifts and pledge agreements, and preparing program reports for donor
- Maintain a personal portfolio of donors at the $1,000-$2,500 level.
- Oversee grassroots fundraising, coordinating direct mail and online giving campaigns with staff and communications consultant
- Expand the network of congregations sponsoring Masorti fundraising campaigns, including developing marketing material to support these effort
- Assist with the preparation and submission of grant proposals and reports to institutional funders, including Jewish Federati
- Plan and oversee special events, collaborating with Board members, congregations and other spons
- Liaise with select congregations regarding their Israel Missions.
- In collaboration with the Constituency and Office Systems Manager, maintain the integrity and accuracy of key stakeholder and major donor gift records.
- Ensure the accuracy of gift and pledge codes, data entry and gift acknowledgements; prepare donor recognition lists and reconcile donation and accounting reports.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferre
- 3-5+ years of non-profit fundraising experience in the NY, NJ and national Jewish communities, with a strong track record of success and clear growth in responsibility.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or proficiency with other fundraising software; interest in broadening and deepening your expertise through training and mentorin
- You are committed to Jewish religious pluralism, egalitarianism and inclusivity in Israel and to engaging American Jews on these issu
- You are energetic, proactive, efficient, and work independently.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You relate easily to people of all backgrounds, ages, and political leanin
- You see the big picture and can connect the dot
- You are analytic and compulsive about follow up.
- You “own” your fundraising goals and are eager to take on new challenge
- You take a discreet and thoughtful approach to building relationship
- You are collaborative and a team play
- Knowledge of Conservative Judaism and competency in Hebrew a plu
We offer our employees generous paid leave, including time off for Jewish holidays, and a variety of other benefits and opportunities for professional development and growth.
To apply, please send a cover letter with your salary expectations, resume and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant Director of Development” in the subject line. No telephone calls, please.
The Masorti Foundation is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and complies with all applicable laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunities. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.