ANALYST, CONSULTING SERVICES
Arabella Advisors is looking for an analyst who is passionate about high-impact philanthropy and engaging with strategically-focused donors. A successful candidate must be highly organized and detail-oriented, have strong research and analytical skills, and possess a desire to help our clients lead successful meetings, working sessions, and convenings.
As a member of Arabella’s collegial, client-focused, and impact-driven community, you will contribute to projects that service high-profile institutional, family, and corporate foundations, and philanthropic individuals. Our team helps clients develop grant-making strategies, implement programs, evaluate their impact, and collaborate effectively with other donors. As an analyst, you are responsible for conducting research, synthesizing findings, contributing to deliverable development, scheduling interviews and client meetings, and helping plan and organize meetings and convenings. You will play a central role in advancing your project teams’ work both substantively and administratively.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
About Arabella’s Consulting Team
Arabella’s consulting practice works with institutional, family, and corporate clients to develop, implement, and assess effective grant-making programs, as well as to launch and manage efforts that go beyond grant making to further their philanthropic goals. We work with many of the nation’s leading foundations, helping them achieve impact in education, health, international development, conservation, and more.
Analysts play an essential role in supporting client service – including: research and analysis, communications and deliverable development, program management, and project support and administration – as well as internal projects. Your role will include the following responsibilities:
Client Service (~90%)
Research & Analysis
- Conduct research and provide both qualitative and quantitative analysis in support of client projects and meetings
- Conduct background research on project topics (e.g. global health issues, education reform, etc.)
- Schedule and transcribe notes from interviews with subject experts
- Manage survey administration (using platforms such as SurveyMonkey) and support data management and documentation
- Conduct quantitative data analysis using Excel and SPSS as necessary
- Produce visual representations of research findings, such as Excel charts, PowerPoint slide decks, and infographics
Communications & Deliverable Development
- Support the drafting, revising, and formatting of client reports, presentations, memos, and correspondence
- Assist in designing and executing strategic programs and initiatives, including grantee learning networks, newly created organizations, and donor collaboratives
- Assist in conference planning on behalf of clients, including agenda development, speaker preparation, and participant management
- Provide logistical support for client meetings and conferences held on behalf of clients
Project Support & Administration
- Schedule interviews and coordinate conference calls, webinars, and focus groups
- Transcribe notes for external and internal meetings
- Provide additional administrative support as necessary
Internal Projects (~10%)
- Initiate and lead internal projects related to the team’s business strategy, annual objectives, skill development, internal/knowledge management, or culture
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- At least 1 to 3 years of professional experience
- A strong interest in the field of philanthropy
- Extremely strong attention to detail and a strong sense of personal responsibility for one’s work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and in a timely and proactive manner
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Program and event management experience
- Team-oriented, professional, with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to be resourceful and adapt quickly to change
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
Other Highly Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Professional work experience in consulting and/or the social change sector
- Interest in and experience with our areas of focus: environment, education, health, and international development
- Interest in and experience with graphic design and/or data visualization
- Experience using Excel, SPSS, or both for quantitative analysis
- Experience developing surveys in online platforms such as SurveyMonkey and analyzing survey results
- < >omfort with and interest in learning, working, and being creative with new software systems as needed (e.g., intranet, mapping software, social network mapping, web analytics)
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401(k) match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We also are committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
Do you like this post?