Coalition for Queens (C4Q)
Long Island City, New York 11101
Access Code Program Manager (Nights & Weekends)
Coalition for Queens is transforming the tech industry by empowering underserved, low-income, and underrepresented communities with skills, networks, and opportunity through its innovative Access Code program. This intensive 10-month part-time program in mobile app development prepares participants with no prior coding experience for entry-level developer jobs at the hundreds of innovative startups and tech companies that are looking to hire the next generation of talent.
C4Q seeks an Access Code Program Manager to drive and develop programming for the talented students in our intensive and inclusive tech education program. The Program Manager (PM), reporting directly to our Head of Operations and Planning, is the most hands-on member of the team. Our PMs are comfortable as generalists, doing anything from working closely with our industry expert instructors on curriculum implementation to developing analyses that will inform how to improve the Access Code experience. They are also passionate advocates for student success, supporting them in and out of the classroom.
The ideal candidate is a meticulous manager and outcomes-oriented mobilizer. He or she finds extreme joy in collaborating with talented individuals to improve their lives through tech. The Program Manager role provides great exposure to all the functional areas of an innovative and values-driven non-profit, and immense opportunity to develop operational skills.
The Nights & Weekends Program Manager needs to be on-site at our Queens campus to support our nights and weekends cohort from 6 - 10pm on weekdays, 10am to 6pm on weekends, with up to 4-8 additional hours of time required for internal meetings as needed.
Ensure the success of our students:
- Work with Head of Student Success & Outcomes to ensure the success of the cohort by working to develop student talent
- Manage the entire program life cycle and continually develop the vision for programs
- Support the social culture within and between each cohort
- Conduct check-in meetings with students from the cohort to ensure that everyone is on track
- Assist in the collection of metrics and reports on progress
- Assist organizing demo days, hackathons, and other events for students
Support curriculum development and implementation:
- Support the Head of Curriculum & Instruction in the instructional experience through training and documentation
- Ensure the successful implementation of the curriculum
- Ensure the Access Code instructors, teaching assistants, and developers in training have all the resources they need, such as instruction, space, and equipment
- Contribute to curriculum development for the course and help pilot curriculum and course offerings over various formats, based on observation and data gathered
- Work with our community management team to foster a community of learners and developers that give back by contributing curriculum development
- Deep understanding of success for developers - experience working with developers or engineers is a plus
- Prior experience in classroom or educational settings is also a plus
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Demonstrated leadership for growing team and volunteers
- Able to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology
Please apply here: http://www.c4q.nyc/c4q-job-application