The New York Women’s Foundation® (NYWF®) is seeking a highly experienced leader and manager to join its senior team as the Vice President (VP) of Communications. The Vice President (VP), Communications has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Communications Department.
Under the leadership of the President & CEO, the Vice President (VP) of Communications leads all aspects of communications, marketing, and public relations for The Foundation. The VP designs and executes a comprehensive communications and marketing program that defines, maintains, augments and protects The Foundation’s brand and actively engages its stakeholders. The VP is responsible for the development and implementation of a broad range of public relations activities that support the strategic direction and positioning of The Foundation. The VP serves as an ambassador, building relationships with all stakeholder groups and the public with the goal of advancing The Foundation’s visibility and driving broader awareness to support its mission. As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP actively participates in agency-wide strategy development and planning and performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, public relations, or the liberal arts. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years recent experience in senior role in marketing, communications and/or public relations. Nonprofit agency or government experiences preferred.
- 5-8 years demonstrated experience and leadership in developing and executing comprehensive strategic communications, media relations, and marketing programs
- Established media relationships in New York City
- Demonstrated media relations experience with significant electoral, legislative and crisis communications experience
- Facility and experience with a broad array of social media platforms and electronic communications styles and standards
- Experience in brand development and management
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills, the ability to deal effectively with personnel issues, and to build and maintain relationships with NYWF internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Strong commitment and passion for The Foundation’s mission
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
The New York Women's Foundation
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
Or via email: [email protected]
NO CALLS PLEASE.