Rainforest Action Network
San Francisco, CA
Rainforest Action Network challenges corporate practices that threaten our forests and our climate, protects the rights of communities that depend on these resources, and promotes forward thinking strategies to preserve of our planet. A core principle in that effort is our commitment to finding systemic solutions that do not promote or continue systems of oppression or injustice.
For 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned for the forests, their inhabitants and the natural systems that sustain life. Over the last decade, RAN’s Energy and Finance Program has succeeded in pushing leading banks like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Citi and Royal Bank of Canada to pass policies that curb investments in companies that contribute to deforestation and climate change.
The ideal Senior Development Coordinator will bring extraordinary energy, a love of multi-tasking, no fear of learning new technology, multi-faceted skills in project management, working across multiple departments, event planning and execution to help RAN’s development team raise $8 million this coming year. The right person will serve as point-person for all board and executive level fundraising initiatives, create our annual events plan, and provide on-demand, customized support to our major donors! This position works as a close team with our Development Director. The Senior Development Coordinator will join a fast-paced team that cares deeply about consistency of brand message, customized outreach, professionalism and creating special settings for intimate gatherings and big benefit events. There is a travel component to this job, as well.
- Oversee Major Donor Cultivation and Stewardship: Organize Major Donor and special fundraising events including ticketed events/panel discussions, house parties, receptions, luncheons, and other opportunities as needed. Lead on event production and deliverables, from theme and panel selection to follow-up and donor cultivation. Work directly with outside vendors and special event consultants.
- Oversee all Fundraising Operations and Event Production for our Signature Event Revel: from managing event visibility to identifying sponsors and auction prospects to budgeting the event. Activities also include being point person for consultant, communicating with Board members, managing auction(s), all donor and sponsorship communications digital and offline, all marketing and promotions, and tracking (attendance, budget, follow-up activities)
- Manage Digital Presence for all Events: Activities include producing event-related eblasts, social media promotions, creating and designing event webpages, and other special event website projects.
- Manage Inter-Departmental Event Production: Kick-off all new events with presentation to Devo, Digital, Executive, and Comms teams. Create timeline and manage deliverables from all teams involved.
- Maintain current moves management plan for ED, DD, Board, and key staff (including self) with goal to provide creative and strategic donor and prospect cultivation opportunities.
- Provide fundraising support to the Development Director, Executive Director, and Board of Directors. Activities include producing reports and ensuring key leadership has clear and accurate data.
- Create Major Donor and Special Events reports, including a written narrative and data analysis; monthly for Executive Director/Development Director/COO and quarterly for Board.
- Produce written materials and manage mailings and waterfall process for major donor appeals, stewardship letters, general major donor reports and updates, and acknowledgements.
- Oversee and track major donor and special events revenue and expense budget forecasting.
- Maintain gift forecasts/proposals for prospects.
- Manage ran.org presence for Major Donors and Special Events – may include donor profiles, giving opportunities, event promotions and contests.
- Participate in weekly team meetings, half-yearly planning retreats and bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Share office responsibilities to maintain a healthy and safe workplace, including participation in a Racial Justice Workgroup.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
The salary for this position is competitive for the small non-profit San Francisco Bay Area market. Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family (plus an employer funded HSA), VSP & dental insurance, 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vesting employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully paid sabbatical.
Please send resume and letter of interest to [email protected] with job title and your name in the subject line. If possible please include online portfolio, personal website, LinkedIn page or any other online resume you update. No phone calls, please.
Supervisor: Development Director
Status: FTE, Benefitted
Location: San Francisco