About the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) Foundation
Established in 1997, The National Basketball Players Association Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving the legacy of its members and providing support and assistance to persons, communities, and organizations throughout the world that seek to improve the lives of those in need. Through grants that match players’ philanthropy and charitable giving, the Foundation highlights and accelerates the real and collaborative work that basketball players do worldwide to build their communities and create meaningful change.
The Program Administrator is a vital part of the Foundation team, developing and maintaining relationships with grantees and others as well as the logistics and administrative systems that are needed to support the Foundation’s grant making and program work. The duties of this position include (but are not limited to) to the following:
- Support the Foundation’s player-matching and sports sector grantmaking programs by developing and maintaining effective relationships with applicants, grantees, and other grant partners;
- Represent the Foundation to players, agents, family members and others connected to a player’s charitable giving to strengthen the connection of the player to the support and services available from the Foundation;
- Administer the Foundation’s grantmaking process, including the management of applicant data, maintenance and evolution of data tracking, and reporting;
- Actively manage and maintain the consistency of grant information and related data across all of the Foundation’s various platforms (e.g. Fluxx, Slack, HubSpot);
- Enhance and maintain the Foundation’s data gathering tools and support the Program Director in providing reports and analysis to the Executive Director and the Board;
- Organize and maintain the physical and virtual files of the Foundation; manage items to be archived;
- Conduct research on issues or concerns of importance to the Foundation, identifying trends or best practices. Present findings in written and verbal formats.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requisite Experience and Skills
Bachelor’s degree in administration, project management, or similar field. 3-5 years’ practical experience in relationship management and logistics in a small-staff, fast-moving non-profit organization; experience in or significant exposure to foundation work, philanthropy, donor relations, or similar fields. Proficiency in using administrative tools (i.e. Microsoft, Google applications), database applications and communications tools, such as Slack; demonstrated ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change, and to be a positive and thoughtful contributor to the Foundation’s growth and development in achieving its mission.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org