Resources for Abortion Delivery (RAD)
RAD seeks to protect and improve access to quality abortion care in the United States - particularly for poor and low-income people - by providing financial and technical support, strategic thinking, and information to the independent abortion provider sector.
The Operations and Systems Manager (OSM) will support RAD’s ongoing operations and programmatic work by implementing and optimizing the processes and systems that enable our small team to accomplish big goals. The OSM is a new position at RAD. We plan for the OSM to become well-versed in the technology and systems RAD uses, and then be a key support for the team as we use those tools in executing our programmatic and organizational activities. The OSM will have regular ongoing responsibilities but is also expected to be a critical pinch hitter as RAD staff work as a nimble and fast-paced team.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
The OSM will be responsible for the following, in addition to any emergent needs identified by the OSM’s supervisor.
Operations and Systems Support (approximately 60% time)
- Become well-versed in RAD’s processes, technologies, and systems, and the ways they are structured and interact. Examples include: project management software, online application and reporting system, customer relationship management (CRM) software, internal processes for financial management, etc. Use that understanding to support ongoing implementation and improvements. Work with RAD staff and consultants to identify, implement and promote the adoption of processes and systems that improve operating efficiency and security.
- Ensure optimal use of project management software through RAD staff training and support, regular review of project tasks and deadlines, and identification of processes or add-ons that would improve workflow and/or ease project management.
- Support the administration/maintenance of our CRM, online survey/data collection software, and the related databases including user support, system customization, generating ad hoc dashboards and reports, and providing RAD staff with support. Coordinate with project staff to ensure integrity and accuracy of information databases.
- Perform limited data analysis on an as needed basis.
Financial and Contract Management (approximately 20% time)
- Regularly (monthly at minimum) update and optimize internal tracking spreadsheets to effectively monitor ongoing financial activity across grants and programs. Manage reclass requests/reports and other ad hoc financial reporting needs with fiscal sponsor.
- Support the accounts payable and contract execution process, in coordination with the fiscal sponsor, to ensure accurate posting of information and effective use of payment and reporting systems. Maintain transparent and organized internal files related to contracts.
- Under the direction of the Managing Director, draft clear and accurate financial statements for reporting, to include annual reports, fundraising requests and reports, board reports, etc.
- Support development of annual project budget.
Communications (approximately 20% time)
- Draft written communications about RAD’s programs and outcomes to support our fundraising, grant reporting, and information dissemination.
- Draft/design slide decks that effectively communicate data and other information related to RAD’s work. Maintain and update templates for such communications.
- Support exploration of improved mechanisms for sharing informational resources with abortion providers and allies.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- At least 3 years of experience in systems administration, project management, or non-profit operations.
- Experience telecommuting, working virtually, or working with an off-site manager; or comparable work experience that shows an ability to succeed in an off-site work situation.
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis, including familiarity with profit and loss statements and budgeting.
- Professional experience using SalesForce to manage and evaluate data.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and using other software/applications for research or work settings (e.g., project management tools, online survey or data collection applications).
- Demonstrated aptitude for program/project management and organization, and improving systems for more effective team workflows. Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous and complex tasks.
- Proficiency with Google applications including Gmail, Google docs, Google sheets.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to travel to in-person meetings in New York/New Jersey approximately once a month. More travel may be required.
Valued Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience working with Qualtrics and/or Asana
- Experience in a related field (reproductive health, grant making, etc) that is applicable to the essential responsibilities listed above
- Independent, self-starter able to stay focused and driven while working remotely
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Analytic, critical thinker
- Team player willing to perform a wide variety of tasks
- Professional, personable, and has a sense of humor
RAD is committed to cultural diversity and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Hopewell Fund Careers
Resources for Abortion Delivery is a project of Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Hopewell Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.