The Heising-Simons Foundation is a family foundation with offices in Los Altos and San Francisco. The Foundation works with its many partners to advance sustainable solutions in climate and clean energy, enable groundbreaking research in science, enhance the education of our youngest learners, and support human rights for all people. In 2019, the Foundation awarded approximately $115 million. Since its first grant in 2007, the Foundation has awarded more than $500 million.
The Office Services Coordinator assists our staff and visitors by providing general office support and managing front desk responsibilities. This full-time (37.5 hours per week), exempt (salaried) position is based in our San Francisco office. The position reports to the Office Manager/Executive Assistant to the President & CEO.
The Office Services Coordinator coordinates a wide range of office activities and provides administrative support to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. The Office Services Coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining office protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, and other tasks as needed.
The Office Services Coordinator is a service-oriented professional, who thrives and is effective in roles that require wearing multiple hats. The person in this position has experience performing a broad range of administrative tasks, can work independently with little or no supervision, is well- organized and flexible, and enjoys the challenges of supporting an organization with a diverse staff.
Candidates are not expected to have experience in all areas listed in the job posting.
- Greet and direct visitors in a welcoming manner, direct incoming telephone calls, and provide guests and callers with general information, as
- Maintain the appearance of the common areas of the office, including maintaining the kitchen/lunchroom and running and unloading the dishwasher each day.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of office and kitchen supplies, including snacks and beverages.
- Organize conference room scheduling and reservations and coordinate the logistical details and catering requirements for meetings and weekly staff lunches; place catering orders and set-up/clean-up before and after catered
- Serve as the point person for internal meetings, including the operation of conference room equipment, such as connecting laptops, downloading presentations, and enabling video conferencing.
- Be responsive to employees’ and guests’ requests and concerns and anticipate their
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and property managers and serve as the point person for office, kitchen, and equipment
- Coordinate outgoing mail and delivery services and route incoming mail and
- Coordinate with the IT team, and provide the staff with basic IT support, directing staff to the off-site/outsourced IT team, when
- Maintain office safety and security
- Recommend and implement office procedures, in conjunction with the Office Manager.
- Perform pre-employment onboarding tasks and provide training and orientation for new employees.
- Schedule initial and/or follow-up ergonomic evaluations for new and existing
- Schedule meetings and provide general administrative and project support to the staff, as needed.
- Schedule relief reception coverage, as
- Participate in the planning and execution of Foundation
- Ensure the well-being and happiness of the staff, anticipate needs, and actively strive to ensure that everyone is cared for, taking into consideration dietary restrictions, cultural and religious customs, and personal
- Be a welcoming and considerate employee that earns the trust and respect of the
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years of increasingly responsible administrative experience in a professional office setting
- Excellent administrative and Microsoft Office skills
- Customer service oriented, with outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and skilled at problem-solving
- Proactive, with excellent multi-tasking and follow-through abilities
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational, time/project management, and prioritization skills
- Flexible, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Punctual, dependable, and proactive
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor, sense of humor, and be highly productive under pressure
- Comfortable being on your feet, throughout the day, and able to bend and lift to up to 15 pounds
- Nonprofit experience, or a sincere interest in our programmatic goals, is preferred
- Committed to living the Foundation’s values
Compensation and Benefits
- The target starting salary for this position is $65,000-$70,000, depending on experience.
- We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and dependents, long term disability, business travel and life insurance, flexible spending accounts for medical and child care expenses, a 401(k) plan (with a matching contribution of up to 16%), commuting assistance, an employee assistance program (EAP), tuition reimbursement and a generous professional development budget, matching gifts, fitness reimbursements, fertility and adoption assistance, and identity theft protection.
- Paid time off includes:
- Vacation Time – starting at 3 weeks per year
- Sick Time - 12 days per year
- Personal Time - 2 days per year
- Family Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
Our success is dependent on our ability to build teams that include people with different experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with new perspectives. We encourage people of color, from under-resourced communities, immigrants, LGBTQ+, and others with diverse perspectives and experiences to apply.
Please complete our online application, here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/269159/The-Heising-Simons-Foundation/Office-Services-Coordinator.