Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. With offices in Washington, DC and New York, NY, Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
- Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential, and should be accountable to these ends
- The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected
- Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals, and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance
- As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments
ABOUT THE POSITION
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a Program Associate to join its International Human Rights Program. Through grant making and philanthropic leadership, the International Human Rights (IHR) Program invests in organizations that advance the full range of human rights as articulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. IHR grantees work to prevent human rights crimes; protect civilians in crises; ensure that human rights defenders can operate safely and legally; hold individual, state and economic actors accountable for rights violations; and advance disability rights.
The Program Associate provides administrative support, coordination and program support for a team of six program staff.
- Assist team with scheduling and coordinating phone calls, meetings, travel, workshops and convenings; make logistical arrangements as needed; coordinate consultant contracts and take notes in team meetings.
- Liaise with the grants management team on monthly invitations and tracking workflow.
- Coordinate the compilation of team inputs to internal requests for information for newsletters, annual reports and other inter-departmental requests.
- Assist the program director with tracking budget spreadsheets and grant calendars, coordinating grant workflow, including entering grants into the database as needed.
- Support strategic planning, reflection and learning processes, including through research, analysis, evaluation, and the development of visual content for presentations.
- Conduct research related to field developments, potential grantees, opportunities related to grant-making, and other topics requested by team.
- Participate in all aspects of grantmaking for at least two of the program’s thematic areas, including screening and scoping of potential grantees, analyzing background information; soliciting and developing funding proposals; summarizing proposals; preparing grant recommendations; conducting site visits and managing a small portfolio of grantees (as needed).
- Contribute to the team’s learning agenda, including acting as a liaison with other WPF programs and departments for joint learning and other collaborations (as needed).
- Maintain the team’s “impact tracker” of outcomes and victories compiled from grantee reports and communications.
- Research and prepare donor education materials and other information for Wellspring internal use, including light touch design of presentation slides and regular donor updates.
- Coordinate calls and meetings with peer funders and funder affinity groups.
- Represent Wellspring at site visits and conferences at the request of team members.
- Participate with other staff on internal Wellspring committees and working groups as needed.
$70,000-$80,000 commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY
Click here for more information about the position. For employment consideration, please submit application to [email protected] Subject Line: “[Your name]— IHR Program Associate.” All applications must include: • a resumé; • a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity (i.e. job portal, referral, etc.) and salary minimum requirements • one writing sample (no more than four pages, attached in PDF format). No phone calls please.