About the Organization
Seattle CityClub is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization improving the civic health of the Puget Sound region by providing programs that bridge politics, sectors, and generations to inform and engage residents and community leaders.
About the Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented professional with a passion for civic engagement to join our team. This position works closely with our Executive Director and Development Director on all fundraising activities to build capacity for the organization and its programs.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a detail-oriented person who has a passion for relationship management, organization, writing, and enjoys working for a fast-paced non-profit organization.
Position: Full time, exempt. Approximately 40 hours per week. Reports to Development Director.
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: $37,000 - $42,000 per year, including PTO, plus benefits. Benefits include full medical, dental, and vision insurance, a monthly bus pass, and retirement matching after one year. Four weeks PTO annually, plus the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day and 7 additional paid holidays. (Full compensation package value: $45,000-47,000)
Provide support and coordination for CityClub’s individual and institutional giving, including cultivation and stewardship of individual donors, and corporate and foundation partners. Assist with planning and executing annual giving activities and fundraising events, grant applications and reporting, and sponsorship fulfillment and reporting. Maintain detailed and accurate records, and provide timely reporting on progress against development goals.
Strategic Planning + Tracking
- Work with Development Director to implement and track tactical campaigns to support the success of Seattle CityClub’s annual fundraising plan, which includes grants management, donor acquisition and retention, and corporate partner relations.
- Maintain detailed, timely records of all fundraising activity.
- Manage all donor data with utmost attention to accuracy and confidentiality.
Donor Cultivation + Stewardship
- Prepare and execute direct fundraising campaigns for Seattle CityClub, including creation of solicitation materials, donor list management, gift tracking and acknowledgment, and analysis of campaign performance.
- Prepare materials for prospective donor and funder meetings and coordinate follow-up.
- Develop a stewardship plan for individual donors, including a monthly list of stewardship calls for the Executive Director, Development Director, and key volunteers.
- Update thank you letter templates annually, or as needed.
- Work with Development Director to implement annual plan for acquisition and renewal of CityClub’s institutional partners.
- Conduct research to identify and qualify prospective partners.
- Assist with sponsorship proposals, implementation, and reporting. Create invoices, track payments, follow-up to collect on pledges as necessary, and provide timely receipts.
- Track and analyze campaign progress and in coordination with Development Directors, use a variety of methods (email, phone, mail) to contact prospective, current, and lapsed partners.
Events + Communications
- Provide key fundraising support for all CityClub events. Support sponsor fulfillment, targeted invitations, table sales, seating maps, gift processing and acknowledgment, and other duties as needed.
- Coordinate donor and sponsor recognition in event marketing materials, invitations and other program elements.
- In consultation with Communications Manager and Development Director, develop content for newsletters, social media, and other communications to cultivate and steward donors.
- Design and implement strategic and creative touchpoints with individual and institutional donors, and other participants to deepen our supporters’ engagement with CityClub programs and mission.
- Help recruit participants for Civic Boot Camp from our institutional partners, individual donors, engaged volunteers, and other program participants.
Other Duties as needed
Required: Warm, enthusiastic, collaborative professional who enjoys multitasking, working in a fast-paced environment, and consistently delivers high quality work products. Must have 2-3 years of experience in a professional office setting; highly detail oriented; strong project management, administrative, and organizational skills; resourceful; excellent oral and written communication skills with high “error free” standards; and sensitivity and finesse in cultivating and stewarding relationships. Must demonstrate initiative, ability to work independently, excellent judgement, efficient execution, and adaptability to change. Familiarity with donor management software. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel (including mail merge and creating pivot tables) is expected.
Preferred: Experience with fundraising, development, and/or donor relations. Proficiency with Salesforce and Adobe products.
Please email resume, cover letter, and three references to jobs@SeattleCityClub.org. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Seattle CityClub is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.