Resources for Abortion Delivery (RAD)
Established in 2016, Resources for Abortion Delivery (RAD) seeks to protect and improve access to quality abortion care in the United States—particularly for poor and low-income people—by providing financial and technical support, strategic thinking, legal compliance assistance, and information to the independent abortion provider community. RAD’s growing staff currently includes 10 full-time staff members working remotely across the U.S.
The Data Systems manager, a new position at RAD, is responsible for adapting and maintaining RAD’s Salesforce database to keep pace with our rapidly expanding programs and staff. The Data Systems Manager will further RAD’s strategic goals by:
- Contributing to the growing knowledge about the independent sector by ensuring the accuracy of data collected;
- Informing the development of RAD’s technical, legal, and financial assistance products by supplying key information about sector needs to decision-makers in useful formats;
- Increasing the effective deployment of RAD’s frontline staff in their various roles by helping to streamline administrative requirements; and
- Promoting the cohesiveness of remote team members through a shared resource (Salesforce) that is reliable, informative, and responsive to their needs.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks (with approximate time spent in Year 1)
- Salesforce customization - Work with the Senior Information Officer, RAD leadership, and outside consultants as needed, to customize Salesforce database—using clicks not code!—to keep pace with expanded user requirements, reduce manual processing, and ensure availability of key metrics in reports. (35%)
- Salesforce/Qualtrics integration – Create and update Qualtrics surveys and map responses to Salesforce to collect information from potential contacts, applicants, award recipients, and other constituents. (25%)
- End-user Support - Train staff and respond to help tickets, keeping note of requirements issues; create user guides and “release notes” as needed to inform staff of changes. (15%)
- Data System Maintenance – Create and implement protocols to ensure data integrity,making corrections to database and/or recommendations for training; maintain weekly back-ups; deprecate or remove fields as needed; migrate data to consolidate legacy system data into new objects/fields; monitor critical updates and security alerts and suggest and/or implement appropriate recommendations. (15%)
- Evaluation and Reporting – In collaboration with the Senior Information Officer, monitor company performance indicators; extract data as needed to develop custom data views—such as charts or graphs—for use in external reporting; consult independent sources to validate existing data and/or expand RAD’s knowledge of the independent provider sector; and perform other analysis as needed or requested by executive staff. (10%)
- Salesforce experience: Minimum of 2-4 years as a senior database administrator, with at least 2 years in a Salesforce environment, or 3+ years of Salesforce experience in a related role. Salesforce Admin certification strongly preferred.
- Technical knowledge: Thorough understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality, including experience with custom objects/fields, formulas, workflows, process builder, apps, and reports. Must also have experience with permissions maintenance, data migration, and testing for a small- to medium-sized system. Excel competency also required.
- Problem-solving ability: Experience proposing and implementing design solutions and proven ability to resolve data system problems big and small: taking a dogged, but not dogmatic, approach.
- Communication skills: Experience training staff and writing technical materials, such as user guides, requirements, and company processes/workflows.
- Time-management skills: Ability to accurately project time needed for a project, meet deadlines, and shift priorities as needed if the current approach is not producing expected
- Remote availability and experience: Experience telecommuting, working virtually, or working with an off-site manager, or comparable work experience that shows an ability to succeed in an off-site work situation. RAD currently provides co-working space in Chicago and Philadelphia and will reimburse for use of co-working spaces under special The Data System Manager should also be able to travel to travel to in-person meetings in the U.S. approximately four times per year.
- Qualtrics/Salesforce integration
- Lightning Experience
- Lookup/Rollup summaries (Passage Technology), DLRS (Andy in the Cloud), or similar applications; Config Map, or similar applications; Data Loader, or similar applications
- Advanced data presentation and/or analysis skills
- Nonprofit experience highly desirable
A strong candidate for this position will have the following attributes:
- Independent self-starter who is able to stay focused and driven while working remotely
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Team player willing to perform a wide variety of tasks
- Handles sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Strong customer service focus
- Commitment to reproductive justice and protecting abortion access
- RAD is committed to cultural diversity and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $73k-$91,250 per year. Benefits include full medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability and life insurance, participation in our retirement plan, and competitive vacation, personal, and volunteer leave.
Hopewell Fund Careers
Resources for Abortion Delivery is a project of Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential.
Hopewell Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Data Systems Specialist as the Subject of the email no later than February 7, 2019. First round interviews will start the week of January 27.