The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We’re a national social impact funder that partners with nonprofits to build thriving, more connected communities through the power of free, live music. We realize our mission of building community through music through two core programs: the Levitt venue program and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards. In 2022, more than 600 free outdoor Levitt concerts will take place in 25 towns and cities across America, bringing joy to more than 750,000 people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Levitt Foundation is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI) throughout our organization and all aspects of our work, recognizing this commitment as essential to realizing the Levitt mission. We value having a team with a wide range of perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, and skills so our approach to grantmaking is well-rounded and the connection with our team members and the communities we support is authentic. We strive to create a positive working culture through professional development opportunities, employee recognition, and team-building events and activities. We focus on creating a working environment that promotes collaboration and fairness. Our commitment to EDI fosters a culture where team members can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in the value of every individual and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity. To learn more about the national Levitt network and the Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION
TITLE: Levitt Foundation Summer Communications Intern
LOCATION: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-Time; 16-24 hours/week for 10 weeks
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 6, 2022
INTERNSHIP DATES: 10 consecutive weeks (starting June 1, 2022)
REPORTS TO: Senior Communications Manager
COMPENSATION: $15/hour, up to $3,600 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
Do you believe in the power of free, live music to transform individuals and their communities? Do you want to gain valuable experience curating, creating and publishing content on behalf of a national arts foundation? If so, join Levitt’s communications team this summer!
The Communications Department shapes the branding, marketing and communications strategy for the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, also providing communications support to the national network of Levitt venues and Levitt AMP sites across the country.
The Communications Intern will support internal and external communications for the Levitt Foundation—helping to build and strengthen internal processes while curating and creating original web and social media content to promote the 2022 Levitt concert season. This intern will also be assigned brand-building projects that tell the broader Levitt story.
- Author up to three blog posts about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking-related stories tailored to your specific interests for the national Levitt blog
- Author up to three blog posts for a national blog series that highlights the voices and stories of Levitt grantees
- Help create engaging brand-building content to populate the Levitt Foundation’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics, as needed
- Help promote, monitor and track the national #MusicMoves campaign: crafting social media posts and creating targeted eblasts to promote the campaign
- Help expand upon social media engagement strategies promoting the 2022 Levitt National Tour; crafting promotional posts throughout the summer to generate excitement and awareness as well as monitor the national #LevittTour campaign
- Track media coverage of the national Levitt network including Levitt AMP sites and Levitt venues (both those in operation and development), identifying potential social media content in the process
- Track Levitt AMP grantee acknowledgement of the Levitt Foundation
- Support the maintenance of the Levitt photo archive through image tagging
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Current undergraduate junior/senior, graduate student, recent graduate, or equivalent experience
- Preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Digital Media Studies, Marketing, Nonprofit/Arts Administration, or a related field of study or career path
- Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus
- Well-versed and current in social media platforms, tools and trends
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for Levitt’s mission
$15/hour, up to $3,600 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
HOW TO APPLY
Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected], including “Levitt Foundation Summer Communications Internship” in the subject line.