Books for Kids seeks a self-starting and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant.
The mission of the Books for Kids Foundation is to promote literacy among all children with a special emphasis on low-income and at-risk preschool-aged children. Books for Kids creates libraries, donates books, and implements literacy programs to develop the critical early foundation and skills which young children need to be successful in life.
For more information, please visit www.booksforkids.org.
We are a small office, so the Administrative Assistant would have an opportunity to work very hands-on in many different areas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• GENERAL ADMIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
o Weekly bill paying, bank deposits, and coding expenses
o Help maintain our social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media sites and create content for/update our booksforkids.org website
o Assist with board meeting preparations and follow-up
o Help with general event planning and organization
o Conduct general research on a variety of topics
o Order office supplies
o Perform general office and administrative tasks (running errands, setting up meetings, reception, updating calendars, creating mail merges, organizing files, etc.)
• PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES
o Visit and call existing libraries to conduct surveys and report on general conditions
o Research and identify potential library sites
o Assist with library builds and opening events
o Order books and program materials
o Help coordinate volunteer schedules and volunteer opportunities
• DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
o Help to identify potential literacy partners and sponsors
o Keep track of donations in a donor database and prepare regular acknowledgement letters
o Update the donor database
o Run donor and fundraising reports
• 4-year college degree
• Must have an interest in early childhood education and literacy.
• Needs to be a team player, have a positive attitude, and be willing to help out in any way needed
• Strong oral and research/written communication skills
• Great phone and in-person manners
• Ability to work independently with little management and be comfortable self-starting projects
• Ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner
• Time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Attention to detail is important
• Must be experienced and skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must have experience and knowledge with working with Twitter, Facebook, and other social media outlets; experience with social media outside of personal usage in a business marketing capacity is a plus
• Knowledge of design programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc) is a plus
• Previous experience with DonorPro is a plus, but is not required