The New York Women’s Foundation® (NYWF®) is seeking a highly experienced leader and manager to join its senior team as the Vice President (VP) of Finance & Administration. The Vice President (VP), Finance & Administration has overall strategic and operational responsibility for the Finance & Administration Departments.
The New York Women’s Foundation seeks an effective, strategic and experienced Vice President for Finance and Administration to oversee financial and administrative operations. Reporting to the President & CEO, the VP, Finance and Administration is responsible for the financial, human resources, facilities, information technology, contract management, donor-advised and pooled investment funds, investments and other operations for The Foundation and its affiliate organizations and partners. The VP, Finance and Administration will work closely with President & CEO, the Board of Directors and Finance, Audit and Investment Committees of the Board on budgets and revenue estimates, report regularly to the President and CEO on financial performance, supervise finance and operations staff, manage relationships with outside counsel, financial advisors, banks, audit firm and government payors. The VP, Finance and Administration must enjoy managing a hard-working team, have experience working in an inclusive and diverse office environment and have experience working in a fast-paced environment and possess an affinity for issues affecting women and girls.
The CFO will be a seasoned and mature leader with a degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics from an accredited university, a CPA or advanced degree and a minimum of 10 years of broad finance experience, ideally beginning in public accounting, followed by at least 7 years in financial leadership positions in a foundation or not-for-profit organization. Demonstrated experience gathering and evaluating financial information and making actionable recommendations to CEO, senior managers, and Boards of Directors. Experience working with independent audit firms. Possess an intimate knowledge of GAAP and foundation and nonprofit accounting practices and standards. Understanding of government contracting, foundation grants and managing complex revenue streams. Experience working with financial systems and managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a complex nonprofit with multiple funding sources. Experience in oversight of investments, social responsible investing, familiarity with endowments, restricted gifts and donor advised funds.
In addition, the VP, Finance and Administration will have experience managing a diverse portfolio of administrative functions including HR, IT, contracts and compliance and related activities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree a CPA and/or MBA would be a plus.
- At least 10 years’ experience as CFO or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget exceeding $10 million.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Experience working with investment managers and Board Investment Committee.
- Experience with 403(b) plans and the IRS requirements.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Experience overseeing management of facilities and information technology.
- Solid experience supervising senior staff and working collaboratively in a management team environment
- Experience managing implementation of new systems, software and working with information technology staff.
- Experience with finance and accounting software packages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Self-starter who demonstrates the highest standards of integrity
- Excellent analytic and abstract reasoning, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong business partner who has successfully negotiated favorable terms with vendors, suppliers and others
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
The New York Women's Foundation
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
Attention: Human Resources
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.