This is a re-post of content from the RE:Philanthropy blog.
An article recently published in Research & Development shared how researchers are using social media to draw attention to their research. Discussing their work with reporters and sharing on social media seemed to increase the likelihood that one’s research is cited, thereby increasing their work’s impact. With that being said, how is your organization drumming up interest with social media? Are you using it simply as an awareness tool or are you actively engaging? Here are a few ideas to engage your social media audience:Read more
How To Turn Volunteers Into Donors And Get Your Board To Give – The Case And Process For Making An Ask
This month, EPIP is highlighting the Measuring a Leader skills of Influencing and Fundraising. Social change leaders: inspire and influence others; influence funding partners to join collaborative projects; and raise resources for community organizations they support...Read more
This guest post was authored by Danielle Dias Coutinho, VP of Strategy & Outreach, Pipeline Fellowship ...Read more
by Caitlin Fisher, co-chair of EPIP Boston I’ve spent the past few years learning about network theory and communities of practice in my role as deputy director of the Prime Movers fellowshipprogram at Hunt Alternatives. For those unfamiliar with this concept, a community of practice by definition it is a group of people informally bound together by shared expertise and passion for a joint enterprise — and it promises to radically galvanize knowledge sharing, learning, and change...Read more
In philanthropy, we’re sometimes a step (or two) removed from our nonprofit partners doing such incredible work in the community. But building strong connections to support and champion our grantees is actually at the core of our values as philanthropy professionals. That’s why we are thrilled to partner with the One Percent Foundation to launch the very first EPIP Los Angeles Giving Circle. Please join us on Wednesday, June 18th for a special launch party to learn more!...Read more
April 23, 2014
EPIP Webinar: Serve on a Board, Save the World AND Advance Your CareerRead more
May 29, 2014 | 6-7:30 pm | Sign up now!
The U.S. philanthropic sector pays out about $47 billion per year in grants (Foundation Center Data, 2011). Most foundations are only granting 5% of their total assets. What about the remaining 95%? Foundations invest 19 times more dollars in investments than in grants. This begs the question: how are foundations investing? Do foundation investments reflect their mission and values?Read more