Do you have an interest in advocacy, comedy and new media?
Do you live and breathe social media and pop culture?
Moore + Associates (M+A) is a boutique communications firm that brings together artists and social change nonprofits, government agencies, and politics. We specialize in developing campaigns that use web video, microsites, social networks and other tools to leverage media, shape the public conversation, and shift the culture around an issue or an idea. We believe that humor is one of the most effective ways to break down walls and shift the public conversation around an issue.
Recent projects include the Halal in the Family web-series with Aasif Mandvi, and Lil’ Waynes campaign for Everytown for Gun Safety. Check out some of our projects and clients here: http://www.mooreandassociates.co.
Is this you?
We are seeking a Summer Associate with strengths and interests in digital communications, campaign development, marketing and office administration. The ideal candidate will have strong writing, project management and organizational skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a skillful and timely fashion. We are looking for a creative thinker who is passionate about social issues, loves pop culture and is a fellow comedy geek!
S/he must be proactive with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a collaborative, dynamic and fast paced environment. Experience working in the social justice non-profit or philanthropic sectors, politics and/or with a communications firm is preferred.
We are looking for someone who shares our interest in having fun, but this work is not always glamorous. We’ll need help with taking notes, keeping track of schedules and other logistics. We are hard workers and will expect you to dive in with us – and also stop working on a dime when one of us finds a great online video that must be watched.
1. INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING:
● Ensure M+A website is current and accurately reflects firm’s culture, services, impact and community, including develop new written and visual content and update existing content
● Manage firm’s social media accounts, including curate and post content to M+A FB & Twitter pages on consistent basis and build social media audience
● Coordinate e-newsletter: write/edit content, set up and manage account in Constant Contact, manage list development, etc.
● Assist with coordination of marketing events
● Identify and initiate opportunities for marketing and new business development
2. CLIENT ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT, including:
● Participate in and coordinate brainstorming sessions for new client accounts
● Assist with research, writing and strategy development for accounts
● Develop and implement social media plans for clients
● Project manage accounts
3. INTERNAL OPERATIONS & ADMIN SUPPORT, including:
● Provide administrative support to the Principal & Senior Associate, including scheduling and prioritizing appointments and managing tasks in project management database
● Note taking and task management for weekly staff meetings and client meetings
● Initiate and oversee upgrade of internal systems
● Ensure electronic and paper client records are current
This position is 15-20 hours per week and will primarily be based out of the Moore + Associates office at the Centre for Social Innovation in Chelsea.
Compensation: We are offering a stipend based on experience level and time commitment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, May 15th to Miriam Fogelson, Senior Associate, at Miriam@mooreandassociates.co. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.