About the Social Innovation Forum
Since 2003, the Social Innovation Forum (SIF) has been building networks and capacity to accelerate social change in greater Boston. SIF brings together innovative nonprofit organizations and social impact businesses and connects them to passionate investors, supporters, mentors, and in-kind partners who are seeking new ways to use their resources – time, talent, and money – to create positive social impact. With 99 organizations in the SIF portfolio and more than 2,325 committed funders and practitioners in our active community, SIF has directed more than $24 million in cash and in-kind services to our Innovators and Entrepreneurs. Founded in 2003 as a program of Root Cause, SIF incorporated as an independent nonprofit organization in 2015.
The Development and Events Coordinator is an important member of SIF’s Development and External Relations team. This individual works on a broad set of activities to support the Social Innovation Forum as it enters its second year as an independent nonprofit organization and continues to build capacity and expand its impact. The Development and Events Coordinator reports to the Senior Manager of Development & Communications and works closely with the Executive Director, Associate Director, Senior Manager of Social Impact Community, and Manager of Strategic Partnerships to help the organization recruit and engage a variety of supporters and funders for its work. The Social Innovation Forum regularly brings our community of investors and supporters together; and this individual supports 15 events per year, ranging from SIF’s annual Social Innovator Showcase (350 attendees) to 10-person lunch events at our office. Additionally, the Development and Events Coordinator serves as a key liaison with the program team and works cross- functionally on key events and other projects.
- Maintain accurate donor records in donor database (Salesforce), including entering gifts, drafting and sending acknowledgements, and tracking revenue.
- Become proficient with SIF’s database and support other team members in using the database effectively.
- Track deadlines for prospective and current institutional funders and assist in developing content for grant proposals and reports.
- Develop and maintain mailing lists, donor reports, and tracking systems as needed to support the organization’s development functions.
- Provide administrative support to the Development & External Relations team as needed and assist with preparation of materials and logistics for SIF Board meetings.
- Coordinate timelines, budgets, and workplans for major annual events, including SIF’s Winter Reception and Social Innovator Showcase.
- Coordinate event logistics, including pre- and post-event communications, RSVP and attendee tracking, room set up, materials preparation, catering, and technology needs.
- Support program team in planning and execution of program events, including March Social Issue Talk Series.
- Participate in development of materials for external audiences (e.g. development collateral, annual report).
- Coordinate communications with funders and supporters, including drafting, creating, and sending hard copy and electronic mailings.
- Support SIF’s social media strategy.
- Working within a small, growing, entrepreneurial environment, every staff member is expected to provide support to the broader SIF team as needed.
- There may be opportunities for the Development and Events Coordinator to supervise and/or mentor interns or co-op students as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years of work experience in a nonprofit development role.
- Solid experience with donor/CRM databases. Experience with Salesforce for nonprofits highly desired.
- Detail orientation, professionalism, maturity, and discretion.
- Comfort with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of email communications tools (Constant Contact) a plus.
- Flexibility and willingness to work and learn in a small, entrepreneurial, start-up environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of social media tools, including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn and ability to use them in a professional context.
- Experience with photography and/or graphic design software a plus.
- Due to SIF’s event schedule, a willingness to work some early mornings and evenings is required for this position.
To apply for this position, please complete our online application form and upload your resume and a one- page cover letter.
The Social Innovation Forum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law with respect to employment opportunities. Please visit our website at www.socialinnovationforum.org.
Learn more here: http://www.socialinnovationforum.org/job-opportunities