Wesley Housing Development Corporation (www.wesleyhousing.org) is seeking an energetic and talented Senior Project Manager to join its Real Estate Development staff. Founded in 1974, Wesley Housing works to provide affordable housing solutions throughout the region. Since constructing its first community in Fairfax County, Wesley Housing has developed 1,700+ total housing units serving more than 22,000 Northern Virginians. Wesley Housing currently has a robust pipeline of more than 600 units to be preserved or built in the region.
Position Summary: Work with the Real Estate Development team and other WHDC departments to identify, acquire, finance and develop/reposition multifamily properties for low-and moderate-income individuals and families. The project manager will have responsibility for the full range of tasks associated with each assigned project from initial concept through lease-up. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate Development.
Key Responsibilities: The Senior Project Manager will work with the Director & colleagues to:
• identify potential new projects, and lead efforts to obtain site control;
• generate and manage development budgets and pro forma to evaluate and ensure financial feasibility;
• obtain acquisition, construction, and permanent financing;
• obtain required entitlements and/or jurisdictional financial support
• coordinate the underwriting and closing process, including document review;
• evaluate and select third-party professionals to be development team members;
• oversee the development of construction and/or renovation plans and manage development team members during all phases of development/construction;
• make presentations to project stakeholders. As needed, attend night and/or weekend meetings to obtain project approvals.
• Undergraduate degree in finance, real estate, or other relevant discipline;
• Five years experience in multifamily housing development or project management;
• Experience preparing development budgets and financial projections;
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills;
• A strong entrepreneurial drive and desire to take ownership of projects while working well within a team environment.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wesley Housing provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran.