The Senior Manager of Fund Development plans, coordinates and assures implementation of strategies to develop and increase contributions to By The Hand through individual donors with major wealth. This strategic approach to fundraising has an emphasis on securing major gifts that enable By The Hand to achieve its 2026 growth vision. Major gifts on the part of individuals are defined as those in excess of $10,000. Reports to the Senior Director of Fund Development at By The Hand Club.
• Works with the Senior Director of Fund Development to create fund development strategies to increase revenue from existing individual donors and secure new major donors.
• Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
• Monitors and evaluates all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
• Grows major donor database through referrals from current BTH major donors, networking and other methods.
• Builds relationships with individuals in order to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
• Helps cultivate relationships with churches to engage potential major donors.
• Leverages the Spring Benefit to engage individual donors with major wealth in By The Hand Club e.g. assists in inviting qualified individuals to serve as Table Hosts or to attend.
• Plans and oversees connection-type events in individual donor homes to expand network and deepen relationship with major wealth individuals.
• Prepares and presents to Senior Director of Fund Development regular reports on progress of fundraising goals.
• Engages volunteers for special fund development projects.
• Monitors trends and best practices in order to adapt fundraising strategies as necessary.
Experience and Qualifications
• A minimum of five years in fund development with primary responsibilities for securing major individual gifts.
• Experience building relationships with high wealth donors.
• Experience in the development of communications strategies and tools.
• Strong writer and oral communicator.
• Good organization, time management, and speaking skills.
• Able to work as a cooperative and supportive team member.
• B.A. or B.S. in Marketing, Communication, Business, Education.
• Basic computer skills: Word, Excel, Internet.
• Driver’s license and access to a car to travel city-wide.
• Exposure to and participation in Christian ministry service – as a staff member or volunteer.
• Personal and saving relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Able to teach, practice and model Biblical/Christian principles.
• Membership in a Bible believing church.
• $500,000-$5,000,000 in funds.
• Managing a portfolio of at least 50 major individual donors annually.
• 25 new major donors added annually.
This is a full-time position with health benefits [with employee contribution]. Qualified applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.