RSF Social Finance seeks to hire a full-time Senior Financial Accountant who will be responsible for performing general day-to-day accounting operations, analysis, and reporting. This position focuses on accounting processes, management of accounting operations, internal controls, generally accepted accounting principles, financial reporting and taxation rules, regulations, and appropriate practices.
The Senior Financial Accountant communicates with diverse teams of stakeholders, including in-house and out-sourced/remote colleagues/teams.
- Support daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting processes and reporting as necessary
- Research and answer accounting related questions that come up on-site as needed
- Provide reporting/support as requested by other departments
- Provide support to Loan Servicing and reconcile loan activities
- Properly record purchases and sales of investments and reconcile investments to general ledger
- Report writing and analysis
- Main backup for regular daily, monthly, annual responsibilities including daily cash reconciliations, month-end close including CAM and cost allocation
- Backup for accounts payable which includes
- Making necessary phone calls to vendors/staff
- Ensure necessary approvals are on invoice/funding/disbursements request and expense reports submitted are complete
- Set the wires/print checks as requested
- Process lending/ development disbursement request
- Active involvement on special projects and additional duties as assigned
- Improve, implement, and document procedures and processes
- Maintain appropriate cash levels in each company, and initiate transfers as necessary depending on operational needs
- Participate in the upload of transactions to CAM LLC, borrowers’ funds
- Reconcile between custody accounts and fund reporting
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Accounting Team; provide backup support to other team members as needed
- Record financial transactions for RSF and its related companies in compliance with applicable legal rules and regulations for an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Complete GL posting and maintenance (including reconciliation) of all General Ledgers to agreed schedule for production of monthly management and year-end reporting
- Record intercompany transactions to ensure accuracy and ensure regular overhead allocation between RSF and its related companies
- Assist in the streamlining of accounting process and including a change to new cloud-based software
- Support quarter-end statement production process as required
Audit and Tax
- Participate in preparation of year-end audit schedules as required
- Respond to auditor inquiries and IRS inquiries as needed
- Perform duties as required for successful completion of annual audits and tax filings
The ideal candidate has a four-year college degree in Accounting from an accredited institution and a minimum of 4 years of experience functioning as an accounting professional. The candidate enjoys preparing and interpreting financial data and has experience providing direct accounting support in a multi-funded environment. The candidate must be able to manage chart of accounts and effectively use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel. A basic understanding of Salesforce is preferred and nonprofit accounting experience is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the mid $70K to mid $80K range. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. In the e-mail subject line, please write “Senior Financial Accountant”.
The application deadline is Monday, July 31st.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Additional details and application instructions can be found at http://rsfsocialfinance.org/jobs/.