AchieveMission is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to dramatically increasing the impact achieved by nonprofits and the social sector by enhancing the sector’s perception and practice of human capital management. We consult to exemplary nonprofits and foundations, collaborating with them to implement leadership development and human capital management best practices that enable them to achieve mission impact. As a thought leader, we leverage and adapt practices honed and proven in the corporate sector, as well as create and share innovative solutions tailored to the unique needs of nonprofits.
Our consulting team brings together one of the richest concentrations of human capital management expertise focused on the nonprofit sector. Our team members have led leadership development and succession at IBM and GE, been a Partner at Hewitt Associates, overseen more than 1,000 nonprofit consulting engagements and 600 nonprofit executive searches, and helped lead innovative nonprofits such as Citizen Schools, Jumpstart, City Year, Independent Sector, Commongood Careers and the Taproot Foundation.
We partner with some of the country’s leading nonprofits and foundations to improve their human capital management and social impact. Our award-winning clients and funders include four recipients of the Monitor/ Fast Company Social Capitalist Award, two named by the Nonprofit Times as among the 50 Best Places to Work in the nonprofit sector, three Social Innovation Fund recipients, four led by Ashoka Fellows or Skoll Social Entrepreneurs, and three of the country’s largest foundations including the Kresge, Kellogg and Annie E. Casey Foundations.
Our organization is passionate about helping our clients to realize measurable increases in mission impact, dedicated to creating and sharing knowledge, and grounded in candor and data-driven decision- making. We provide a strong fit for a highly motivated young professional wanting to develop and use his or her skills to create a lasting social impact on individual nonprofits and the entire nonprofit sector, and thus on the communities they serve. Learn more at: www.achievemission.org
A Senior Associate Consultant partners with dedicated Senior Consultants and Partners in the delivery of AchieveMission’s consulting programs. He/she engages directly with clients and helps to build the shared body of knowledge through research, analysis, and documentation. This is an exciting opportunity to work with nationally recognized colleagues to help some of the country’s most innovative, outcome-driven, and dynamic nonprofit organizations achieve dramatic social change while building expertise in human capital management.
- Work as part of a diverse team, forging close relationships with clients and colleagues to develop and implement human capital management strategies in a collaborative professional environment
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research, including thorough reviews of client processes and documentation, online surveys, and interviews of client leaders and staff
- Analyze data and report on results. Draft clear and compelling presentations and related materials for clients and funders
- Support project management by monitoring progress against timelines, milestones and budgets for multiple concurrent engagements
- Assist in developing and continuously improving the firm’s internal knowledge management and evaluation systems, data and tools, as well as developing external white papers and conference presentations
- Provide other marketing and administrative support as appropriate
- Minimum of three years of relevant full time professional experience
- Knowledge, passion, and engagement with the nonprofit sector as a whole and our organization’s mission specifically
- Compelling interest in leadership development, talent management, and/or organizational development as evidenced by professional experiences and/or education
- Proven ability to use outstanding interpersonal, political navigation, and communication skills to create organizational change
- Proven ability to use analytical skills to assess large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data, find patterns and core issues, and present fact-based recommendations
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrated comfort taking initiative and learning quickly
- A history of excellence in increasingly demanding circumstances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and presenting
- Humility to recognize that we are learning all the time, and the hunger to use challenges as opportunities to gain new knowledge
- Very strong academic background including a BA/BS degree in liberal arts, business, or similar focus. MPA, MPP, MA ED, Nonprofit Focused MBA or similar graduate degree is a significant plus.
Please upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, both in Word format, to James Shepard at
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
AchieveMission offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. AchieveMission is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers
AchieveMission has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for a Senior Associate Consultant. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high- impact nonprofits. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated nonprofit search firms in the country. Learn more about nonprofit job opportunities at Commongood Careers.