WHO WE ARE
Achievement Network (ANet) is a nonprofit dedicated to educational equity. We help schools boost student learning with great teaching that’s grounded in standards, informed by data, and built on the successful practices of educators around the country.
Founded in 2005, ANet now serves over 700 schools educating over 230,000 students in California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Tennessee. Our support has consistently helped our partner schools—both district and charter—achieve breakthrough results for their students. ANet has received multiple awards and recognitions, including a prestigious Investing In Innovation (i3) grant from the federal government in 2010, New Schools Venture Fund’s “Organization of the Year” in 2011, and The NonProfit Time’s “Best Nonprofits to Work For” in 2015 and 2016.
ANet is a dynamic, values driven, team-oriented organization that is committed to the growth and development of all staff members. Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to join an exceptional team of colleagues committed to helping schools drive excellent teaching and learning by investing in each other and learning together.
The RFP Manager will help ANet grow the reach of our organization and ensure that we can help schools achieve breakthrough results for students by monitoring and responding to Requests for Proposal (RFPs) with current, new, and potential partners. They will both respond to partner RFP requests and monitor the landscape for new opportunities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who excels at selling an organization’s unique value and impact through persuasive writing and who enjoys managing complex projects in a collaborative environment. The RFP Manager reports to the Director, Partnership Development.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Ensure strong partnerships are developed by managing complete RFP process
- Design and manage ANet’s RFP response process, including project planning, coordination with ANet teams, finalizing response, and submission
- Develop high quality content for RFPs in close collaboration with Executive Directors, Program Team members, relationship owners, and other relevant internal teams
- Collaborate with ANet teammates to identify the RFP response strategy that will position ANet as the most effective partner for the job
- Stay up-to-date on ANet’s product and service offerings, partnerships, impact, and goals to ensure proposal content is aligned to ANet’s competitive advantage and growth goals
- Organize high-quality written content and key artifacts that can be leveraged in writing and submitting RFPs and develop a system for repurposing and sharing the resources with others
Identify opportunities for ANet’s growth and partnership development
- Monitor national landscape for RFP releases and other calls for partnership proposals from current partners and potential new partners
- Maintain example RFPs aligned to our work for sharing with partners
- Analyze RFPs for trends in partner requests/requirements, and communicate your analysis and potential opportunities to internal stakeholders
- Conduct competitive intelligence research as needed, such as monitoring new developments on key competitors
- Lean in on relevant Business Development functions, such as grant reporting and marketing efforts, as needed
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- You believe in ANet’s mission and share our passion for increasing opportunities for children in underserved communities while operating with a sense of urgency in the support of schools
- You are committed to living out ANet’s Core Values daily. You are open to examining personal archetypes and bias and discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to our Advance Equity and People Matter values.
- You have a passion for developing clear, concise content and are known for getting creative in how to communicate your message to various audiences
- You know how to juggle multiple, and sometimes competing, deadlines and priorities simultaneously and enjoy managing projects that involve stakeholders from many different teams
- You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do while also maintaining a focus on big picture priorities
- You are your happiest and most successful in entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced environments
- You approach projects with a sense of possibility and see new challenges as an opportunity to learn and grow professionally
- You are flexible and when things don’t go as planned, you proactively problem-solve to seek out new solutions and opportunities
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with exposure to writing technical or education-related content
- Understanding of school and district procurement processes
- Experience evaluating and responding to RFPs
WHAT WE OFFER
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience and qualifications. ANet also offers comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partners; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications submitted through December 2nd are guaranteed to be reviewed. Candidates will be notified the week of December 5th if they are advancing in the hiring process. To apply, please visit our Job Board (https://achievementma.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx) and click the “Apply” button associated with this role. You will then be prompted to create an application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter. In your cover letter, please outline why you are interested in working for ANet and how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.