Rockwood Leadership Institute builds powerful networks of social change leaders through transformative leadership programs, practices, and resources to create a more just, sustainable, and equitable world.
Rockwood does not do 'business as usual.' Our commitment to our values influences every aspect of our organization—what we do and how we do it.
Rockwood’s core values include:
- Radical inclusion
- Relationship before task
- Giving and receiving direct feedback
- Kindness over niceness
- Leading from purpose, individually and as an organization
ABOUT THE JOB
Resource Development Manager
With our vision of Open Access to bring Rockwood practices to new and broader audiences, Rockwood is looking for an ambitious resource development professional to manage our work with foundations, and help generate new opportunities. You’ll manage grant writing and grant administration, coordinate relationships with current funders, as well as open doors to new and different funders in order to move towards the direction of Open Access Rockwood.
Our ideal candidate has 3-5 years of fundraising and/or foundation experience, with direct experience writing grants, and recent experience meeting the pace of a growing and expanding cross-functional fundraising team.
What You’ll Do
Grant Writing, Administration, and Management
- Drive the production, planning, writing, and delivery of Rockwood concept papers, proposals, and reports in partnership with Resource, Program, and Finance teams.
- Must become knowledgeable to represent Rockwood products through written and verbal communications.
- Write compelling and cogent impact statements and case statements.
- Oversee grant renewal schedules and processes to help ensure continued funding from current foundations.
- Primary liaison with program team to gather impact and evaluation data for proposals and reports.
- Primary liaison with finance team for foundation income forecasting and budgets for proposals and reports.
- Partner with Senior Resource Coordinator to manage grant proposal and reporting calendars, including maintaining databases and files.
- Write and direct campaigns for individual donor appeals and online donation initiatives.
- Participate in other Resource team functions as needed, in a changing and flexible team environment.
- Establish and maintain relationships to ensure ongoing support, tracking all engagement in Salesforce.
- Ensure receipt, acknowledgement, reporting, and stewardship of related communications.
- Collaborate with Resource, Program, and Leadership team to ensure ongoing communications, customer satisfaction, and to communicate opportunities for renewals.
- Stay current on trends in fundraising, philanthropy, and foundations related to leadership development and other potential opportunities for Rockwood.
- Suggest fundraising prospects, and partner with the team to build and maintain a pipeline of prospects.
- Analyze leads and contact data, track all engagement information in Salesforce, and prepare reports.
Who You Are
- A self-aware and self-reflective fundraiser—you have a passion for resource development and are comfortable with your own relationship to money.
- A self-motivated professional who produces excellent results, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A persuasive and skilled writer who finds joy in producing impeccable documents.
- An adaptable partner—you are comfortable with ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities, and see your role as a flexible member of a team.
- An excellent administrator—you love databases, calendars, task lists, and tracking systems.
- An optimistic and positive team member
What You’ll Need
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising or supporting the development department of a small to medium-sized nonprofit organization. Direct experience in grant writing and/or grants administration required.
- Knowledge of philanthropic trends and key foundations.
- Demonstrated ability to produce successful case statements and proposals.
- Exceptional writing skills—you’ll be able to translate impact into compelling and concise language.
- Impeccable editing and proofing skills—you won’t have any mistakes on your resume or cover letter, and you’ll know why that matters.
- Ability to track details—you have a system of managing tasks and future follow-up.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM database, as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Desire to work within a very diverse workplace and relate to a broad spectrum of people outside of Rockwood.
Please submit a cover letter with your interest in our organization and this position, a brief professional writing sample that speaks to the skills required by this position, and your resume to email@example.com. This position will remain open until filled. Having said that, we would love to see your materials as soon as possible or by February 15, 2018 at the latest. We are conducting a rolling review of all applications so the sooner you submit, the sooner we can get to know you.
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $70,000 based on experience. Rockwood offers a 32-hour full-time Monday - Thursday workweek and a competitive benefits package.
Rockwood Leadership Institute is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. In accordance with applicable law, Rockwood prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws.
People of color, people with disabilities, people of all gender identities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply