New York, NY
Salesforce.org is a nonprofit social enterprise with a mission to empower its community of stakeholders to accelerate impact in a whole new way.
Salesforce.org impacts thousands of organizations and the millions of people they serve by delivering the world's best nonprofit and educational technology solutions at affordable rates. It also inspires employee giving by matching their donations and driving volunteer engagement in the community. And it leverages a unique self-sustaining model to generously re-invest the revenue generated back into the community through strategic grants focused on education and workforce development.
Salesforce.org is seeking an exceptional Employee Engagement Manager to join our Employee Engagement team for the AMERS East region (New York, Boston, DC). Salesforce is a fast paced, growing company. This position will support and maintain existing volunteerism programs, along with helping to build sustainability and scalability to keep pace with the company's growth and the internal demand for community involvement.
This position is based at our NYC Hub office (Midtown East).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the planning of volunteer events for Salesforce employees; manage communication, partnership with nonprofit organizations, communications, and logistics
- Build partnerships, increase the volume of events, and build engagement among employees specifically focused on education and workforce development, our strategic focus areas
- Provide customer service for employee engagement programs
- Build tools and resources to support employees in planning volunteer events for their teams
- Serve as a liaison to Salesforce employees about all giving back related topics (volunteerism, employee giving, etc.); build visibility, awareness, and participation in volunteerism across AMERS East locations
- Manage local touchdown of global/national initiatives such as Circle the Schools, Salesforce's adopt-a-school partnerships
- Execute small and large scale events related to volunteerism and engagement in Salesforce.org programs
- Manage regional pro bono and skills based volunteerism initiatives
- Engage with regional Salesforce executives to build awareness of Salesforce.org efforts and to facilitate their championing of the work
- Support volunteerism and other community-centric events related to the grand opening of Salesforce Tower New York (Fall 2017)
- Coordinate logistics related to volunteerism and programs, including reporting, photo management, communications, etc.
- Skills Required
- 3-5 years experience working with the nonprofit sector and/or in corporate volunteerism/ philanthropy
- Previous experience in event management
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task; experience managing simultaneous projects
- Detail-oriented, accurate, professional, and accountable
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking, delivering presentations, and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong partnership building and relationship management skills
- Team player with great customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Creative thinker; able to bring new ideas and perspective to existing practices
- Self-sufficient; ability to operate with some amount of gray space
- Proficient in Powerpoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Prior experience using Salesforce strongly preferred
- Basic graphic design skills preferred