The Program Manager for Philanthropic Effectiveness will provide the leadership and direction for all Haiti Development Institute (HDI) fundraising, communications, and philanthropic programs and related activities. HDI believes that by changing the perceived attitudes about philanthropy in Haiti drawing on Haiti’s comparative advantages we can increase the number of funders, amount of overall funding, and ultimately the impact of philanthropic capital in Haiti. He/she is responsible for developing and reinforcing and growing HDI’s footprint through branding, imagery, messaging, and reputation. He /She is responsible for building out and implementing, along with the Executive Director, the organization’s fundraising strategy. In addition, he/she will oversee our work to build a new narrative for Haiti, which includes designing a signature donor trip to Haiti, and our annual Haiti Funders Conferences. He/she will also oversee HDI’s bourgeoning philanthropic consulting and intermediary services for philanthropists and philanthropic institutions.
- Support the Executive Director’s efforts in Fundraising/Development:
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation, multilateral agencies and corporate sources;
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants;
- Create an institutional structure for year-over-year fundraising plan and develop realistic targets and benchmarks;
- Develop a concise dashboard and maintain and updated donor database and play a leading role in donor stewardship and cultivation;
- Initiate cultivation process for letters of inquiries, and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors;
- Communications and Branding activities:
- Handles all social media/marketing and website;
- Coordinate quarterly newsletter, annual report, annual fund, and online giving;
- Coordinate and help to deliver media interviews and press conferences as needed to promote sponsored projects;
- Maintain relationships with relevant thought leaders across stakeholder community with a view to growing the Foundation’s visibility, brand, and reputation;
- Identify and exploit opportunities for partnerships, memberships, and sponsorships through relevant fund-raising programs.
- Manage, plan, and organize the Haiti Funder’s conference and conduct post-conference activities to maintain relations with key attendees:
- Act as point person for relationship with Conveners.org to design and implement the annual Haiti Funders Conference;
- Create and manage the timeline, manage logistics, program development and task list for Haiti Funders Conference;
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, solicitation and sponsorships; and reporting;
- Oversee and compose conference report and survey and all follow-up activities.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Work closely with HDI staff to develop a calendar of events built around aligning program delivery and fundraising initiatives;
- Work closely with Executive Director to plan the development of a Research and Data Center for the Institute; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preparation, Knowledge, Previous Experience:
- Master’s degree in international development or policy (or other relevant graduate degree).
- Highly skilled professional with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience designing and leading programming in the developing world.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Knowledge and experience in identifying and preparing grant applications with private and public institutional donors.
Skills, Abilities, Competencies:
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to translate analyses into insights.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in French and/or Haitian Creole preferred.
- Ability to manage against a budget and contribute to the Foundation’s financial performance.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and able to work independently.
- Mature interpersonal style, ability to interact well with a diverse range of people.
- Familiarity with Haitian culture and the Boston Haitian community is a plus, or willingness to learn.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to synthesize information.
- Ability to travel to remote locations in Haiti up to 20-30% of the time.
- Strong project management and administrative coordination skills.
All applications should be submitted online.
Go to https://www.tbf.org/who-we-are/careers and select Program Manager, Haiti Development Institute to complete our online application process
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Equal Opportunity Employer.