The Program Director is a member of the Programs & Services Department and is responsible for developing, delivering and improving programming and resources to ensure Exponent Philanthropy provides the best services to its member community and other key audiences. Specifically, the Program Director will oversee programming and resources related to family philanthropy, transition points, effectiveness skills in philanthropy, including our Next Gen Fellows Program and the Master Juggler Executive Institute.
- Design and deliver in-person and virtual training experiences to maximize peer learning and connecting that might range anywhere from 60 minutes to several months in duration.
- Research, write and curate content for print and for the web.
- Gather and spotlight member data and stories in content for programming and resources.
- Stay connected with members and abreast of changes in policy and key issues in the field.
- Assist in administering Exponent Philanthropy’s Board Self-Assessment to members.
- Provide member support through Q&A requests, plus additional support as needed.
- Provide staff support and/or leadership at Exponent Philanthropy conferences as needed.
- Manage resource and/or program components in partnership with funding and other partners.
- Coordinate and/or participate in staff and member working groups as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- At least 8 years of experience working in educational programming and resource development within the nonprofit sector; experience working in the philanthropic sector is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in curriculum development, planning, and delivery of peer learning programs for adult learners.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship and group facilitation skills with the ability to work flexibly with many different leadership and working styles, and provide high-quality customer service.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Experience managing consultants, partners, sponsors, cross-functional teams, and support staff.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter.
- The highest level of responsibility, dependability, and integrity.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and aptitude to develop a high level of proficiency with database, content management, webinar, video conferencing, and other technology used by Exponent Philanthropy.
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred.
- Travel several times throughout the year to Exponent Philanthropy programs or other events around the country.
Salary & Benefits
Exponent Philanthropy offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package including sick leave, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and transit subsidies.
How To Apply
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exponent Philanthropy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.