Arabella Advisors seeks a doer and jack of all trades that will serve as the backbone of our Washington, DC office, fostering a welcoming and efficient work environment as our office assistant. We’re looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented, and customer-focused individual, with experience in administration or office management. You will also play a lead role in bringing your colleagues closer to living our cultural values through local programs you design, support, and run. We are looking for individuals that are conveners and like bringing people together. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in learning more about operations, philanthropy and the social enterprise sector.
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We help our clients imagine what’s possible, design the best strategies, learn what works best, and do the work necessary to realize their visions.
Our staff is a team of passionate problem-solvers—mission-driven and action-oriented—with a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience.
The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation. Our leadership team, advisors, colleagues, and staff are fundamentally concerned with social change. We share a desire to make a difference and apply an outcomes-focused approach. Our internal culture supports employee passions, enables continuous learning, and fosters innovation, risk taking, and fun—even as it emphasizes excellence.
Office and Facilities Management
• Serve as front desk receptionist and office manager for the DC office, fostering a welcoming, positive, and efficient work environment
• Manage supplies, vendors, IT, maintenance, guest reception, and other general office needs
• Work with building management to address office issues as necessary
• Assist with coordination and logistics for client meetings and social events in office
• Support logistics for firm-wide meetings and retreats
• Serve as first point of contact for subtenants who lease space in Arabella’s DC office, providing assistance as needed with facilities issues
• Oversee planning and execution of cultural and team-building activities for office
• Manage internal calendars and staff recognition days (i.e., staff anniversaries and birthdays)
• Provide support on firm-wide Operations team projects and initiatives
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Exceptional customer-service and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding organizational skills
• 2-3 years of work experience in an office setting
• Expert proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Sense of humor
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Experience with office management
• Experience managing vendors
A Career with Arabella Advisors
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work. However, we thought you should know that Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we provide a competitive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; funds for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We are also committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
Candidates must submit a resume and one-page cover letter to be considered for the position. The cover letter must address why you want to work at Arabella and why this is your dream job. We will disregard candidates that do not submit the appropriate materials.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.