In Defense Of Animals
3010 Kerner Blvd.
San Rafael, CA 94901
Job Title: Campaigns Manager
Summary of Position: Manages all aspects of In Defense of Animals’ campaigns as detailed below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
Campaign Oversight and Facilitation:
- Annual evaluation of campaigns, initiatives, and sanctuaries to ensure they are in line with IDA’s mission and vision
- Oversee and facilitate campaigns vision, mission, planning, strategy and tactics
- Advises on the organization's overall campaign strategy and direction
- Creates and manages campaigner plans and protocols, and hones them to be effective
- Line-manages Sanctuary Directors and Campaigners
- Coaches campaigners to be effective in achieving their mission
- Advises campaigners on campaign/project budgeting and reporting
- Sets targets for Sanctuaries and Campaigns to measure achievement against goals and analyzes progress
- Collaborates with heads of departments and other key figures in the organization to provide relevant, timely content as required
- Advises and inputs on organizational and campaign messaging
- Assists in the preparation of job descriptions, job postings and candidate interviews
- Assists in strategy to leverage key campaign contacts
- Works closely with Communications Director to advise and input on communication strategies
- Manages and analyzes the organization’s campaigner software and databases
- Participates in weekly management meetings as requested
- Keeps organization appraised up to date with regular campaign updates
- Advises and inputs on non-profit software and infrastructure needs
- Coordinates timely meetings of campaigners to lead strategy, analyze successes and share challenges
- Coordinates regular campaigner training sessions with leading experts
- Keeps current with latest campaigning laws, science, and theory and puts it into practice
- Stays current on and implements best management techniques
- Oversees onboarding of new campaigners and responsible for setting onboarding procedure
All the above are essential functions
FLSA Status: Department: Location:
Exempt Campaigns Office/remote
Campaigns Director Job Description In Defense of Animals
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of 6 years relevant experience in management and also corporate and legislative campaigning.
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
In Defense of Animals an established animal rights organization with over 250,000 supporters, is seeking an experienced Major Gifts Officer to research, cultivate, solicit and steward five- and six-figure gifts from a portfolio of 75-100. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of demonstrable and successful experience performing personal solicitations of gifts in excess of $5,000. Additional qualifications include:
- ability to participate in all aspects of the gift cycle, i.e., make cold calls; initiate contacts with potential donors; and develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them
- knowledge and understanding of the animal rights movement and the ability to speak to issues of concern to donors in a respectful and empathic manner
- excellent communication skills including public speaking, presentations and writing
- excellent computer skills -- experience with Oaktree is a plus.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Cetacean Campaign Internship
Duration: 6+ months
In Defense of Animals has an opportunity for an intern with a passion for marine biology and animal rights and the ability to commit to a minimum 6-month internship.
You will work closely with Cetacean Project Manager, Laura Bridgeman, to produce high-impact alerts and blogs to help dolphins and whales in captivity and support our cetacean campaign.
This role is ideal for any applicant with a flair for writing cetacean-focused content on a deadline. This position would suit a student of Marine Biology looking to break into animal rights campaigning.
Candidates must speak English fluently, have excellent organizational skills, be readily available to communicate with team-members about current projects, and be able to quickly comprehend complex instructions.
Please submit cover letter and resume by filling out the form on the right-hand side of this page or email directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org