Position Title: Marketing and Communications Associate
Work Hours: Full-Time preferred/Part-time optional, requires some hours outside of office hours 8:30am-5pm
Salary: $49,061- $50,533 year at full-time
Benefits: Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401k with employer match, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
About Children’s Council
For over 40 years, Children's Council has been the central hub for San Francisco's child care community. Our mission is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and to work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. Our team is committed to empowering parents with the information they need to make good decisions regarding child care. We also train and equip early educators with the expert resources they need to be better at what they do and simultaneously improve the quality of child care available in our city. We believe all children must have high quality care and early education because their long-term success depends on it. If you want to be a child care champion in our community, we want you on our team.
About this Position
The Marketing and Communications Associate serves as a key member of the Advancement team supporting the work of the Communications Manager in the production of marketing materials, internal and external print and electronic collateral, social media and events, and other communications products, as required. This position requires a creative and responsive team member with strong writing skills, basic design skills, project management experience, keen attention to detail and experience in the full array of social and direct media marketing.
- Works directly with program staff to create (or facilitates the creation by contract designers) of graphic collateral using Adobe Creative Suite for promotional materials, web applications and social media.
- Assists with Children’s Council’s social media, including collaborating with Communications Manager on content and advertising, with an eye towards increasing reach and engagement and driving traffic to our website; regularly monitors and reports on activities.
- Builds and maintains communication outreach with all of Children’s Council audiences; prepares emails and bi-monthly newsletters in Constant Contact; organizes content to creatively capture the Children’s Council brand and engage stakeholders.
- You’ve got project management superpowers- you plan and execute with rigor to get the best quality product.
- You are a smooth operator- you have a personality and style that allows you to keep everyone on-task and moving towards the goal.
- You are quick to learn, resourceful, and flexible.
- You have an instinct for what is important and when to choose quality over just getting the job done.
- You enjoy working independently with minimal supervision but you don’t hesitate to engage necessary staff and resources to find expedient, effective solutions.
- They call you “a stickler”---- to detail, to quality, and to maintaining the culture and brand of the organizations you serve.
- You think you are hilarious and have a wonderful sense of humor.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the Marketing/Communications field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in communications, public relations or journalism
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills, with high attention to detail and speed. Writing samples required for application.
- Superb computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite and web-based tools, including WordPress. Design work samples required for application.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem‐solving skills, and the ability to communicate organizational complexities with clarity and simplicity.
How to apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume, two recent writing samples (Word, PDF or links to web content) and two design samples (PDF or links to web content) with the Email Subject line: Marketing and Communications Associate: [Your Name] to email@example.com
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.