About The Kresge Foundation
The Kresge Foundation is metro Detroit's largest private, national foundation, with more than $3.5 billion in its endowment, a growing staff of nearly 100 employees and a mission to expand opportunities in America's cities for low-income people. We do this through grant making and social investing nationally in arts & culture, education, environment, health, human services, as well as community development in Detroit.
The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters is located in Metro Detroit. The modern LEED Platinum facility is anchored by a 19th century farmhouse and a new expansion that houses both a cafeteria and a convening center. Kresge also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
The Kresge Foundation offers a competitive total compensation package including health, employer-paid dental and vision, basic life insurance, short- and long-term disability, generous paid time off, and an attractive 401k plan with employer match and a 10% employer contribution. We also provide breakfast, lunch, and snacks daily for a nominal charge, robust professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement. Kresge promotes and supports a healthy and green work environment and encourages intellectual curiosity as we embrace and live out our values of creativity, respect, opportunity, partnership, and stewardship.
Available Position: Managing Director of Information Technology
The Managing Director of Information Technology (IT) provides strategic and operational leadership for the development and coordination of information technology needs of the foundation. In conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Executive Team and the IT Steering Committee, the Managing Director of IT is responsible for developing, implementing and supporting the short and long-term IT goals, policies and procedures and ensuring the security of IT systems. The Managing Director of IT will partner with the various departments of the foundation regarding IT needs that support all business units in meeting their objectives. This position reports to the Vice President/CFO and manages all IT employees.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain end-to-end strategic alignment of technology initiatives with foundation objectives.
- Provide strategic and operational direction for identification, planning, prioritization, design, implementation, maintenance, and support of all applications and systems. Ensure that IT applications, systems, processes and staff are operating in compliance with appropriate standards.
- Ensure the security of the foundation’s network, data and system resources. Engage with the foundation’s business continuity committee to support the continuity plan.
- Lead, develop, and engage a high performing IT team, including outsourced staff. Coach and mentor team members, and create meaningful opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Lead IT Steering Committee to prioritize IT related projects at a senior management level.
- Partner with the foundation departments to identify technology needs; accountable for providing exceptional customer service for support and maintenance needs, etc.
- Ensure that all foundation staff are properly trained and proficient in relevant technology.
- Work with senior management and finance to ensure that IT costs and schedules are accurately budgeted and controlled: projects, applications, infrastructure, and staff.
- Maintain relationships with IT colleagues at other foundations as well as active roles in networking groups.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong commitment to the foundation’s vision and values with the ability to demonstrate that commitment in daily interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience managing internal and outsourced Information Technology personnel.
- Experience in developing strategic plans for technology.
- Experience in working with business partners in aligning business processes and technology solutions.
- Experience in social, mobile, analytics, and cloud based applications for the enterprise.
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear easy to understand manner.
- Experience in Microsoft and various technology solutions.
- Experience implementing and managing complex applications and databases; experience in project management.
- Experience managing information technology infrastructure.
- Ability to develop and grow people in a stimulating and motivating environment.
- Demonstrable honesty, integrity and credibility; ability to engender the trust and confidence of internal constituency and external partners.
- Experience in data governance and reporting.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledgeable about the latest technology and its applications in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate effectively is a must.
- Extensive knowledge of the full spectrum of commercially available technology platforms and solutions.
- Ability to quickly understand the benefit of new technologies and how these may impact current foundation practices.
- Must be innovative, team-oriented, and able to balance critical thinking with execution.
- In-depth understanding of philanthropy and how to improve its processes by applying technology to the problem.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by September 23, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kresge Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women and LGBT applicants.