The Public Welfare Foundation, a private, national grantmaking foundation with assets of more than $480 million based in Washington, DC, is seeking a Management Associate. As the Management Associate, you will report to the Manager of Administration, but work closely with the entire administrative team.
The Public Welfare Foundation supports efforts to advance justice and opportunity for people in need. These efforts honor the Foundation’s core values of racial equity, economic well-being and fundamental fairness for all. The Foundation looks for strategic points where its funds can make a significant difference and improve lives through policy and system reform that results in transformative change. In its 70-year history, the Foundation has distributed more than $570 million in grants to more than 4,800 organizations. With current assets of more than $480 million, Public Welfare makes grants nationwide and focuses its grant making in some difficult, and often overlooked, social justice areas where it believes it can serve as a catalyst for reform. Its main programs are Criminal Justice, Juvenile Justice, and Workers’ Rights, with a special initiative on Civil Legal Aid for the poor. For more information, please visit our web site at www.publicwelfare.org.
About the position:
As the Management Associate, you will coordinate the Foundation’s space rental program, including maintaining the space rental section of the website. In addition, you will provide overall administrative support to the Foundation and its administrative team.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating the Foundation’s space rental program, including maintaining the space rental section of the website;
- Supporting the Manager of Administration in the areas of human resources and facilities management;
- Performing certain grants management tasks, including initial review of the proposal files, processing incoming letters of inquiry, updating grants management database and assisting with monthly grant payments;
- Providing routine administrative support to the Foundation through daily coverage for lobby host breaks and phones, as well as processing mail and assisting with Board of Directors meetings and other meetings as needed;
- Ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, filing, copying and scanning;
- Periodically assists with the certain accounting functions including processing accounts payable.
Additional skills and qualities we seek in an ideal candidate are:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Ideal position for a recent graduate with a degree in business administration or related field.
- One to two years in an office environment, including experience communicating with external parties and supporting more than one person.
- Experience in human resources and/or meeting management desirable.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and databases.
- Professional maturity, ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality, and good judgment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer with competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates may apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, Public Welfare Foundation, 1200 U Street NW, Washington, DC 20009. Applications are to be submitted via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting applications is Friday, April 28, 2017.