Reporting to the Director, Major Gifts, The Major Gifts Officer will secure funding for The Foundation by managing a portfolio of individual donors and prospects, and to retain these donors and increase their giving and engagement. This position will work closely with The Foundation’s Development team to effectively manage, steward, and substantially grow the pool of major donors through annual giving, events, special appeals, and campaigns.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in Major Gifts and working in Development
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Passion for The Foundation’s mission
- Proven ability to solicit and close major gifts.
- Proven ability to steward a portfolio of high-level donors
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with individuals with diverse personalities and styles and at different levels of seniority.
- Handle some local travel with the ability to work occasional early morning and/or evening events.
- Stellar writing skills to write a range of correspondence from formal business letters to warm thank you notes.
- Polished communication skills and presence in order to speak and conduct meetings with high-level donors.
- Solid technical skills including proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and thrive under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Significant relationship building and revenue responsibility.
- Ability to generate revenue growth; ability to identify new opportunities without direction from supervisor.
- Ability to conceptualize and describe Foundation needs in accessible, persuasive and inspiring ways.
- Knowledge and implementation of Development best practices, including using data to make informed decisions.
- Ability to collaborate and work productively with donors, foundation staff, and/or board members.
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to:
Or via mail to:
The New York Women's Foundation
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
NO CALLS PLEASE.