Founded by local business leaders in 1915, The Minneapolis Foundation (TMF) is one of the nation's largest and most innovative community foundations, managing more than $720 million in assets through 1,100 + charitable funds. A board of trustees comprised of civic leaders provides direction and oversight. The Foundation helps charitable individuals, families and businesses realize their vision for a better community and world. We offer services that make giving more convenient, tax-smart, and rewarding.
The Information Technology (IT) Lead shapes, executes and maintains IT strategies by managing staff and supporting the ongoing needs of The Minneapolis Foundation by researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
This position will:
- Drive short and long-term strategic plans to ensure IT services and infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, evaluation, and strategy of all infrastructure systems, including Desktop, Servers, Network, Database, Mobile, Security, etc.
- Research and recommend products, technologies, services, and standards in support of all IT services and infrastructure procurement and development.
- Uphold established security compliance.
- Provide leadership, direction and support of a Data Management practice which aligns and delivers on organizational objectives.
- Direct and maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Sustain leading edge approach to technology.
We seek an enthusiastic leader with exceptional demonstrated project management and team leadership skills. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three to five years of experience successfully leading an infrastructure team, driving collaboration and performance, managing IT systems, vendors and IT staff using proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. The candidate will have knowledge and experience working with ITIL processes, ITSM tools, and has keen interest in developing leading edge technology practices in a small non-profit. Successful candidate must demonstrate a committed drive to provide exemplary customer service to the staff of The Minneapolis Foundation and the ability to engage all stakeholders in meeting the needs of the business.
Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and references to:
Detailed job description is available at http://www.minneapolisfoundation.org
The Minneapolis Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer