mothers2mothers (m2m) is a global nonprofit that trains, employs, and empowers HIV-positive women—Mentor Mothers—who provide family-centered support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. Founded in Cape Town in 2001, m2m now delivers these services directly at health facilities and in communities in eight countries, and also partners with governments and other NGOs. We have a track record of scaling our services and proven impact. In 2016, m2m and our partners reached 1.95 million new clients, and helped to protect 700,000 infants from HIV infection. We invite you to visit m2m.org to learn more about our work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team that will amplify the presence of mothers2mothers (m2m) in North America. Based in New York City, the Individual Giving Manager will be the front-line gift officer who leads efforts to create a robust pipeline of engaged, committed individual donors to m2m. As the North America lead for m2m’s Global Giving Circle, the Individual Giving Manager will provide strategic input, recruit and steward donors, and collaborate with m2m Europe colleagues to leverage global campaigns and opportunities. S/he will also help to create a team focus on individual giving, by coordinating efforts, sharing pertinent information and collateral, and serving as the team liaison for the Immersive Experience.
This role will report to the Deputy Director, Development and work closely with the fundraising teams in the US and Europe.
Key Performance Areas
- Cultivate a portfolio of individual prospects and actively solicit for gifts to the Global Giving Circle, involving senior staff and Board members as necessary.
- Develop and prepare written materials and proposals to engage prospects creatively and effectively based on their full net worth, regularly opening up opportunities for m2m colleagues in North America and globally, and make referrals for potential new Board members, when appropriate.
- Lead the acquisition of individual donors in North America by seeking donor referrals, developing links with advisory firms and family offices, and identifying other new sources and then deepen relationships over time to build a robust pipeline.
- Work to and achieve financial and activity targets that have been set with the Deputy Director, Development.
- Serve as the North America liaison for the Immersive Experience, and other global events and campaigns where appropriate.
Communications and Coordination (10%)
- Help create high quality assets, and offer input in the creation of assets for the individual donor audience.
- Ensure all individual donors receive appropriate stewardship.
- Ensure full and timely records of donor activity are kept in Salesforce.
Read a complete list of responsibilities, qualifications, and competencies at m2m.org/careers.
- Interested candidates should submit cover letter outlining their interest in the position, current resume, and salary expectations at org/careers.
- Applications will be accepted until July 15, 2018.